Customer Service 866.965.0400

Which Towel to Use

SgtLip

Question

I am getting ready to use Ceramic Boost and have been reading the store front and watching the video to make sure I'm doing it correct.

Both the store and the video under learning say to use an Adam's Borderless Grey Towel to wipe it to a brilliant finish. Where I'm confused is in the still pictures in the store and in the video it shows a White towel with a Black Border.

What is the proper towel to use when using Ceramic Boost?

13 answers to this question

1 hour ago, SgtLip said:

I have a few of the Single Soft, so they are okay to use?

For the Ceramic Boost, just wash them or soak them immediately after use.  I generally use the Borderless Gray and the 12 pack is a good deal for the towels and you can never have too many towels.

17 minutes ago, RayS said:

For the Ceramic Boost, just wash them or soak them immediately after use.  I generally use the Borderless Gray and the 12 pack is a good deal for the towels and you can never have too many towels.

Okay for the Ceramic Boost.

Which towel for the Ceramic Waterless? Same procedure, wash or soak immediately?

56 minutes ago, GXPaycheck said:

As a general rule, waffle weave for wet stuff, plush for dry. 

That's confusing. I only say that because all of the videos and Blogs say to start with 2 dry MF towels. Use one for wet and the second to buff.

So are you saying one should be a waffle weave and the buff a plush? This is complete opposite of the videos. They say to use two borderless gray most of the time. 

When you go to the Adam's product site, there is a page dedicated to the exterior towels:

https://adamspolishes.com/collections/exterior-microfiber-detailing-towels

You can use most towels for various items, wet and dry, but certain towels are perfected for a specific application.  In the case of Waterless Wash, there is a towel called Adam's Microfiber Waterless Wash Towel, with a description of Designed specifically to be used with Adam's Waterless Wash. These towels have a unique waffle texture to clean a slightly dirty vehicle without introducing new swirls or scratches.   The glass towels are also designed for specific use cases, such as the Adam's Green Glass Towel.

In other cases the products themselves will recommend a certain towel type.  Myself, I tend to have a borderless gray stuck in my back pocket at the time and I'll use them for just about anything, with the exception of the engine bay.  I have special towels for the engine bay, they are called worn out, near junk ready to go away towels.  The engine bay towels are always kept separate, never wash in the washing machine to ensure no grease, oil or other contaminants would contact my good towels.

I also keep my Ceramic product towels separate from the general usage towels.  I'm not sure it really makes a difference anymore, but Ceramic Boost 1.0 seemed to embed itself in the towels and I have not notified that condition since I ran out CB 1.0 about 6 months ago.  When I'm working on the garage queen or another high end vehicle, I tend to go with the softest towel possible and I change out towels often.

8 minutes ago, RayS said:

When you go to the Adam's product site, there is a page dedicated to the exterior towels:

https://adamspolishes.com/collections/exterior-microfiber-detailing-towels

You can use most towels for various items, wet and dry, but certain towels are perfected for a specific application.  In the case of Waterless Wash, there is a towel called Adam's Microfiber Waterless Wash Towel, with a description of Designed specifically to be used with Adam's Waterless Wash. These towels have a unique waffle texture to clean a slightly dirty vehicle without introducing new swirls or scratches.   The glass towels are also designed for specific use cases, such as the Adam's Green Glass Towel.

In other cases the products themselves will recommend a certain towel type.  Myself, I tend to have a borderless gray stuck in my back pocket at the time and I'll use them for just about anything, with the exception of the engine bay.  I have special towels for the engine bay, they are called worn out, near junk ready to go away towels.  The engine bay towels are always kept separate, never wash in the washing machine to ensure no grease, oil or other contaminants would contact my good towels.

I also keep my Ceramic product towels separate from the general usage towels.  I'm not sure it really makes a difference anymore, but Ceramic Boost 1.0 seemed to embed itself in the towels and I have not notified that condition since I ran out CB 1.0 about 6 months ago.  When I'm working on the garage queen or another high end vehicle, I tend to go with the softest towel possible and I change out towels often.

Good tips. I'll check the link. THANKS

23 hours ago, SgtLip said:

That's confusing. I only say that because all of the videos and Blogs say to start with 2 dry MF towels. Use one for wet and the second to buff.

So are you saying one should be a waffle weave and the buff a plush? This is complete opposite of the videos. They say to use two borderless gray most of the time. 

Like I said, it’s a general rule. Some products specify a particular type of towel. Sorry for any confusion. 

Edited by GXPaycheck

9 minutes ago, GXPaycheck said:

Like I said, it’s a general rule. Some products specify a particular type of towel. Sorry for any confusion. 

Thanks. I just love how the store shows a white towel with a black border and it says to use a gray borderless. In my opinion the store is what is confusing, not the forum.

10 hours ago, SgtLip said:

Thanks. I just love how the store shows a white towel with a black border and it says to use a gray borderless. In my opinion the store is what is confusing, not the forum.

Sorry for any confusion. I'll talk to the staff to try and clear things up. For the record, the grey borderless is a popular all-around towel, and it will hide potential stains better. Either is good for the Boost, so it's your choice!