Customer Service 866.965.0400

Just placed another $150 order on ceramic stuff. Correction question

brihvac

Question

I am still waiting on a order from last week that still says "unfulfilled". Of course I only got 15% off that one.

Tonight I just ordered the new ceramic spray, one step polish, 64oz of ceramic boost, and 2 interior cockpit brushes for the leather and alcatrenza.

On my 2 newer small SUV's I am going to use the one step polish with a orange pad. I think I am going to get the 9H paint coating and do the 2 SUV's with that as I am still on the fence with the longevity of the spray coating. I will just use the spray ceramic on the plastic. I am just thinking if I am going to machine correct I might as well do the regular coating as that is the easy part.

Here's a question thinking 18-24 months down the road. I posted before about reading that you are not supposed to keep buffing on clear coat as to wearing it down. So towards the end of the ceramics life I was thinking of doing the fine clay bar and a really fine polish to take out any small imperfections then re-coat with more 9H. My question is what should I use? With a white pad; I was thinking of either the white finishing polish, Revive hand polish (with a machine), or Brilliant Glaze. My goal is to remove any imperfections with little to no wear off the clear coat.

Question 2- Can I use a 50/50 mix of rubbing alcohol and water in place of Surface Prep?

Edited by brihvac

8 answers to this question

1. Removing the coating at the ends of it life with Finishing Polish and a white pad should be sufficient.  Revive or Brilliant Glaze are not aggressive enough to do this work.
  2. Yes, mixing IPA with distilled water is a substitute for Surface Prep, but it does not any lubricants. 

Brian, here’s another option,  a light clay, IPA wipe down, and application of Spray Coating, twice a year and you may possibly stay perpetually coated.   

Add some Ceramic Waterless weekly 

Ceramic Boost Monthly (or one of the Ceramic Waxes)

At least this is my plan

A33E6671-5A40-42B9-BA7B-E22F7C1D97E8.jpeg

5 hours ago, Nickfire20 said:

Brian, here’s another option,  a light clay, IPA wipe down, and application of Spray Coating, twice a year and you may possibly stay perpetually coated.   

Add some Ceramic Waterless weekly 

Ceramic Boost Monthly (or one of the Ceramic Waxes)

At least this is my plan

I will be following almost the same plan as Nick, but will be using Wash + Coat for two bucket washes and Ceramic Waterless Wash when practical and Ceramic Boost every 4-6 weeks.       I'll have to wait and see if a refresh of Spray Coating would be better or the Ceramic Paste Wax as a topper.  Who knows, I might do one vehicle one way and try a different routine on another one.

So far I'm very impressed with CPW, I really think a base of Spray Coating with CPW will keep it looking great for a long period only needing to rewax about once a year.

I just purchased a new car and spent yesterday applying Iron Remover (I was surprised at the amount of fallout) fine clay bar, No Correction (no supplies or tools at this point). I then used the Surface Prep and applied the Ceramic Spray Coating. I'm getting ready to put Ceramic Boost on it now.

As for a plan forward, I really don't have one. I did buy a 64 ounce Ceramic Waterless Wash and Ceramic Boost. I'll most likely follow the ideas mentioned above. You guys know a lot more about it than I do, for sure.

10 hours ago, SgtLip said:

I just purchased a new car and spent yesterday applying Iron Remover (I was surprised at the amount of fallout) fine clay bar, No Correction (no supplies or tools at this point). I then used the Surface Prep and applied the Ceramic Spray Coating. I'm getting ready to put Ceramic Boost on it now.

As for a plan forward, I really don't have one. I did buy a 64 ounce Ceramic Waterless Wash and Ceramic Boost. I'll most likely follow the ideas mentioned above. You guys know a lot more about it than I do, for sure.

According to what you have for Shampoo and whether you're in one of the restricted (no car washing) housing developments, I would recommend you get both shampoo and/or Wash + Coat.   It is my intent on one of my outdoor vehicles to alternate washes between Wash+Coat and Ceramic Waterless Wash as a drying aid and Shampoo + Ceramic Boost as a drying aid. 

The garage queen will get regular CWW and about once a month a real wash and CB.  

17 minutes ago, RayS said:

According to what you have for Shampoo and whether you're in one of the restricted (no car washing) housing developments, I would recommend you get both shampoo and/or Wash + Coat.   It is my intent on one of my outdoor vehicles to alternate washes between Wash+Coat and Ceramic Waterless Wash as a drying aid and Shampoo + Ceramic Boost as a drying aid. 

The garage queen will get regular CWW and about once a month a real wash and CB.  

We live in the country with well water and a septic tank. It's a garage queen as well. The Queen herself has parking rights as the house belongs to her. (I married into it) I haven't purchased any Wash + Coat. I figured I'd see how it went before jumping into another product. But as mentioned, I'll follow the same as you mention for your garage queen.

After todays episode with the streaked windows, I'm not so sure I like using Ceramic Boost. But in honesty, since it was my first time I kept telling myself "less is more". I learned that here on the Forum!! So I may have used a little too much. I found out at the end, one MF wasn't enough, I should have used a few as the one was really wet when I was done.

52 minutes ago, SgtLip said:

We live in the country with well water and a septic tank. It's a garage queen as well. The Queen herself has parking rights as the house belongs to her. (I married into it) I haven't purchased any Wash + Coat. I figured I'd see how it went before jumping into another product. But as mentioned, I'll follow the same as you mention for your garage queen.

After todays episode with the streaked windows, I'm not so sure I like using Ceramic Boost. But in honesty, since it was my first time I kept telling myself "less is more". I learned that here on the Forum!! So I may have used a little too much. I found out at the end, one MF wasn't enough, I should have used a few as the one was really wet when I was done.

Did you do a 2 bucket wash and were using CB as a drying aid, also referred to as the Wet Application method?   When I use Waterless Wash in the garage, I don't use CB at all.  I either clean the windows with WW or more often than not, use Adam's Glass Cleaner.  CB is it a product where less is more, which is good, that means you don't have to buy as much product.

2 minutes ago, RayS said:

Did you do a 2 bucket wash and were using CB as a drying aid, also referred to as the Wet Application method?   When I use Waterless Wash in the garage, I don't use CB at all.  I either clean the windows with WW or more often than not, use Adam's Glass Cleaner.  CB is it a product where less is more, which is good, that means you don't have to buy as much product.

Yes, I used a 3 bucket wash yesterday before using the Surface Prep and Ceramic Spray Coating. With the Ceramic Spray cured overnight, I applied the Ceramic Boost as a topper this morning. I think the towel got too wet and I ended up applying too much on the glass. And I knew better, that's the sad part. But @Nickfire20 said to use CWW and that fixed it.