Customer Service 866.965.0400

Ceramic Waterless Wash as drying aid

Yo-Yo Ma's Cousin

Nice work!!

I am going to be adding ceramic waterless wash to my Arsenal very soon. Reviews are great, and truck is CSC. I have ceramic boost that I will be using about once a month. But I need a drying aid for the in between CB applications. 

How do you use it as a drying aid? Rinse the shampoo off, pooling rinse, spray the CWW, then wipe with MF and then maybe follow up with second MF

13 minutes ago, Firebuff17 said:

Nice work!!

I am going to be adding ceramic waterless wash to my Arsenal very soon. Reviews are great, and truck is CSC. I have ceramic boost that I will be using about once a month. But I need a drying aid for the in between CB applications. 

How do you use it as a drying aid? Rinse the shampoo off, pooling rinse, spray the CWW, then wipe with MF and then maybe follow up with second MF

Thats exactly right. Emphasis on the second wipe. I treat it just like I would Ceramic Boost except I find it much easier to use. But what I mean by that is the second wipe I have found is essential. If you see streaks remaining after your second wipe, you need to flip to a new dry side of the towel or another dry Mf towel.

And I like to work in panels so I’ll spray and wipe one panel at a time. I don’t like to let any SiO2 dry on the surface.

Might I also suggest while it’s still available getting the “Adams Mystery Product” it’s Ceramic Waterless Wash and it comes in the normal 16oz bottle with the normal sprayers as opposed to the smaller bottles with smaller sprayers. It’s also a fun smell, although the normal Ceramic WW also has a good scent!

4 minutes ago, RayS said:

I was rather surprised on how little Ceramic Waterless Wash is needed on either a Ceramic Coated vehicle or one with Ceramic Paste Wax as drying aid.  It is even better when you use Ceramic Wash + Coat on them as the water sheets off quickly and cleanly.  

I actually did use wash and coat here, forgot to add it to the list. and yes I used about 2-3 sprays per panel. It seems to spread around the panel very easily and wipes clean quickly. 

4 hours ago, Firebuff17 said:

Now I am torn between Ceramic Waterless Wash and Wash & Coat. 

Ugh.....decisions decisions...

Or get both. They each have their place. Think of Wash & Coat as Wash & Wax on steroids (the latter contains silica, not carnauba). Two things I will say about the Wash & Coat, though: it doesn't foam as much as I'd like, and the smell isn't one of my favorites. Somewhat subjective feedback, but I wanted to mention it no less.

8 hours ago, Firebuff17 said:

Now I am torn between Ceramic Waterless Wash and Wash & Coat. 

Ugh.....decisions decisions...

The wife's garage queen will get a Ceramic Waterless Wash once a week and at most every other week.  This is with the vehicle in the garage, using CWW as a true Waterless Wash.  When I do a real two bucket wash, then I use Wash + Coat followed by CWW as a drying aid.   My truck, which sits outside and gets two bucket washes more often, I use Ultra Shampoo on it unless I'm also doing the wife's and then I go with Wash + Coat.    Both vehicles currently have Ceramic Paste Wax on them, but after doing the black parts of the truck with Ceramic Spray Coating this last weekend, the entire truck will be done soon.

• 1 month later...
6 hours ago, Rb1274 said:

I love Lexus paint... I think you have an unfair advantage... 

Lol, it's been used on several different make's paints and I get pretty much the same result with this product. It's great. I even like to use it on my file cabinet at work to get some shine.

43 minutes ago, Yo-Yo Ma's Cousin said:

Lol, it's been used on several different make's paints and I get pretty much the same result with this product. It's great. I even like to use it on my file cabinet at work to get some shine.

Now that's funny!!!!  :lolsmack: