Customer Service 866.965.0400

Ceramic Coat a GSXR Motorcycle

moons21

Question

Hey Guys,

My neighbor has asked me to spruce up his GSXR600 with a ceramic coat.  Now being a sport bike, it has lots of plastic fairings, so I"m thinking the Ceramic Trim coating vs. the paint coating, but not sure if I should put it on the decals or not.  Anyone coat a sport bike with factory decals on it before?  Pros/cons?

Thanks

Greg

7 answers to this question

25 minutes ago, moons21 said:

Hey Guys,

My neighbor has asked me to spruce up his GSXR600 with a ceramic coat.  Now being a sport bike, it has lots of plastic fairings, so I"m thinking the Ceramic Trim coating vs. the paint coating, but not sure if I should put it on the decals or not.  Anyone coat a sport bike with factory decals on it before?  Pros/cons?

Thanks

Greg

Not sure if this is the same but I'll offer up that I have a complete color change vinyl wrap on my Subaru that has Ceramic coating on it. The paint below was completely detailed and ceramic coated at 4,000 miles. At 6,000 miles I decided to vinyl wrap the car. He then applied another ceramic coating on the vinyl. Not much correcting you can do to the vinyl but it was clay barred and preped prior to ceramic being applied.

Hope this helps a little.

Edited by SgtLip
typo corrected

40 minutes ago, moons21 said:

Hey Guys,

Thanks

Greg

Hey Greg. Have you considered the Ceramic Spray Coating? While it's not as robust protection and doestn't last as long as the paint or trim coatings, it's versatile in that it can be used on pretty much any exterior surface.

Edited by Yo-Yo Ma's Cousin

5 minutes ago, Yo-Yo Ma's Cousin said:

Hey Greg. Have you considered the Ceramic Spray Coating? While it's not as robust protection and doestn't last as long as the paint or trim coatings, it's versatile in that it can be used on pretty much any exterior surface.

Not going to go the route of the spray coating for the exact reason you mention.. not as "robust".  IMO.. a full coating will help better with things like boot scuffs getting on and off the bike and since bikes don't see a lot of rain, or shouldn't, I was going for the longevity of a full coating and ease of getting bugs off it down the road.  But thanks for the input, I just save the spray coating for people on a "tighter" budget in money or time.  :)

21 minutes ago, RayS said:

I'm learning on my other vehicles and will be going with the spray coating on this one since it is a garage queen with only a couple hundred miles a year put on it.

Bike2.jpg

@RayS are all of your vehicles RED? I think I've seen a red truck, SUV, lawnmower (?) and now a bike. Do you have the RED kitchen appliances too!!!  Ha Ha. 😁

I had a RED Isuzu truck awhile back. Some guy plowed into the reared and pushed it into a tall curb at my ex-wives business. I took it to Isuzu hoping they would be a better match for the paint. Boy was I wrong. I had red, orange and all sorts of in between colors. The guy told me that red was the hardest color to match. I promised myself to never own a red vehicle again.