Customer Service 866.965.0400

Ceramic Trim & Headlight Coating Wipe

Gabriel Burt

Question

5 answers to this question

On 9/9/2019 at 12:09 PM, Amiguel6 said:

Yes, you do have to buff it off like a normal coating.

Thanks for clarifying my mistake!

@Gabriel Burt

6 hours ago, briancal77 said:

Which towel should we use for buffing it off and how long should we wait until buffing it off.

I would recommend a suede towel to remove as little as possible of the residue form the headlights, but the video appears to show a grey utility towel.

2 hours ago, falcaineer said:

Correction...you do not need to buff/remove residue from trim or head/taillights after using these wipes. Just allow to cure 1-2 hours free from the elements. @Gabriel Burt

No towel needed for removal, you do not need to buff off any residue. Simply allow to cure 1-2 hours free from the elements, then get to driving!

Instructions and video are on this webpage, https://adamspolishes.com/products/ceramic-trim-headlight-coating-wipe

I'm sorry Chris, but you are wrong. I applied these to my headlights without buffing away the residue and it left a lot of streaking. Called HQ and was told you have to buff away, just like you would any other coating (for the headlights at least). The "rainbow" effect dried to the headlights. Also in the video, it shows where the residue is wiped off. Here is a snippet from the video if you haven't had a chance to watch it.

cw.JPG

3 hours ago, Amiguel6 said:

I'm sorry Chris, but you are wrong. I applied these to my headlights without buffing away the residue and it left a lot of streaking. Called HQ and was told you have to buff away, just like you would any other coating (for the headlights at least). The "rainbow" effect dried to the headlights. Also in the video, it shows where the residue is wiped off. Here is a snippet from the video if you haven't had a chance to watch it.

cw.JPG

I stand corrected! Thank you for keeping me honest, @Amiguel6 🤟 I'll amend my post above...