Customer Service 866.965.0400

Best Wheel Coating for Painted Wheels

cskipgo

Question

Hello!  My car has metallic black painted rims.  Before I found Adams I was using a CG MaxCoat Wheel Guard that was specifically for wheels/rims.

What would be the best Adam's product, just a regular wax like Americana or Buttery?

Thanks!

8 answers to this question

8 minutes ago, cskipgo said:

Hello!  My car has metallic black painted rims.  Before I found Adams I was using a CG MaxCoat Wheel Guard that was specifically for wheels/rims.

What would be the best Adam's product, just a regular wax like Americana or Buttery?

Thanks!

Hi Skip. 

Are you looking for just a wax? or a ceramic product? Adams has a Ceramic Wheel coating, if that's what you're looking for. https://adamspolishes.com/products/ceramic-wheel-coating

1 hour ago, Yo-Yo Ma's Cousin said:

Hi Skip. 

Are you looking for just a wax? or a ceramic product? Adams has a Ceramic Wheel coating, if that's what you're looking for. https://adamspolishes.com/products/ceramic-wheel-coating

Hi Juan,

I guess I didn't look in the ceramic "world" because I hadn't gone ceramic with the car, but that shouldn't matter.  Hadn't thought of ceramic!  Will take a look, thanks!

If I stayed wax though, would the items that I have on hand be good, the AW or BW?  Hoping to get HGG at the Anaheim grand opening, would that work?

HGG and CB (Ceramic Boost) are both very quick and effective ways to protect your wheels. I recommend either and/or both.

So you already have Americana and Buttery. I don't see any issue with using those as protection on your painted wheels, but since I haven't used either on my wheels, let alone specialty wheels, I would defer this answer to @Chris@Adams @falcaineer @Dan@Adams just in case

Americana or Buttery would look great but aren't designed to withstand the heat or beating wheels take, so you likely won't see much longevity. Instead, as recommended above, I'd suggest HGG, Ceramic Boost, Ceramic Spray Coating or the Ceramic Wheel Coating. Post some pics of the finished wheels!

13 hours ago, falcaineer said:

Americana or Buttery would look great but aren't designed to withstand the heat or beating wheels take, so you likely won't see much longevity. Instead, as recommended above, I'd suggest HGG, Ceramic Boost, Ceramic Spray Coating or the Ceramic Wheel Coating. Post some pics of the finished wheels!

Thank you!

Thanks @falcaineer

So @cskipgo, looks like using either of the waxes would work as protection while you wait to acquire the other product. Be aware that it will likely require reapplication more often than normal. Butter Wax may need reapplication weekly while americana may need reapplication monthly or more often.

49 minutes ago, Yo-Yo Ma's Cousin said:

Thanks @falcaineer

So @cskipgo, looks like using either of the waxes would work as protection while you wait to acquire the other product. Be aware that it will likely require reapplication more often than normal. Butter Wax may need reapplication weekly while americana may need reapplication monthly or more often.

Thank you too! 

From my little bit of research, maybe black wheel wax might be an idea suggestion?  (I guess eventually I need to "not be afraid" of ceramic products)

4 hours ago, cskipgo said:

Thank you too! 

From my little bit of research, maybe black wheel wax might be an idea suggestion?  (I guess eventually I need to "not be afraid" of ceramic products)

Any 'wax' product will be short lived.  Paint Sealant will last a little longer, and any of the spray coatings should last even longer.