Customer Service 866.965.0400

Need help with choosing best products for my situation

John707

Question

Good morning everyone. I just purchased a new 2019 pearl white Chevy Tahoe and want to get this thing fully detailed inside and out. I have researched and came to conclusion Adam's is the products I want to use. Heck, even the official Chevrolet website sells/recommends them so they must be awesome!

My short intro---I use to work detail at a Ford dealership in my early 20s for a few years. Flash forward 15 years I know am married with a 6/5/2 year olds. Lets just say life is hectic right now! And time I will have to complete my exterior detail is limited.

What I am looking for is the quickest but best way to clay and wax the exterior. I was leaning on Adams medium clay mitt but the waxes I am lost. I do want to clay, polish, and then seal the paint for sure. I don't think my budget includes an electric polisher so I may be stuck doing by hand unless there are a super budget friendly polisher on the market? 

Any recommendations please? Thank you all! 

24 minutes ago, John707 said:

Got my big Adam's order delivered, super excited fella's! I live in california so it was only 3 days delivery from Colorado not too bad. I can't do my Truck detail until a few weeks tho so I am wondering if maybe ok to do a wash then apply some H20 G&G on the paint until then?

Go for it! It’ll be good temporary protection until you’re ready to do a full detail.

Hey guys doing inventory and I noticed the color of my interior detailer is light blue but online looks to be more of a darker blue color. Also mine is very foamy but online seems to be more solid if that makes sense? Is this cause for concern? Thanks!

20190928_071830.jpg

Edited by John707

25 minutes ago, John707 said:

Hey guys doing inventory and I noticed the color of my interior detailer is light blue but online looks to be more of a darker blue color. Also mine is very foamy but online seems to be more solid if that makes sense? Is this cause for concern? Thanks!

20190928_071830.jpg

Mine is def lighter like urs..maybe the light is making the color of the product  the right appear darker. 
 I personally store towels in a drawer. Baggies will work, you just want to keep dust/dirt from landing on them.  I’ve seen members use small plastic storage bins too. 

Edited by tlbullet

2 hours ago, John707 said:

20190928_071830.jpg

You're fine. Sometimes the batches vary a little, and it could also be lighting in the studio, etc.

Is it foamy just sitting there, or after you spray?

1 hour ago, John707 said:

I have some shelves to store all these goodies on but do you store the towels/applicators inside baggies? I want to try to organize it so I know what applicators/towels I used for what hmmm

I keep all of mine in plastic storage bins (and by purpose so easier to grab one tote). No issues to date. 

Here it is just sitting awhile. I haven't sprayed yet but I did shake the heck out of it when taking out of box and it got super foamy. Seems ok? 

15696917191815266302321816765552.jpg

Yeah, you're perfectly fine all around. Here's a pic of mine after just shaking it up a bit and then letting it sit a couple minutes, as well.

IMG_20190928_125449.thumb.jpg.8ad9fe8b83bb500776f3cd48cd14aa50.jpg

IMG_20190928_125649.thumb.jpg.7c3290f2568fb581d98f6f263621ed9f.jpg

On 9/28/2019 at 11:46 AM, John707 said:

Here are the Costco kirkland brand plush MF towels. 

1569685544165187760616390103405.jpg

As @RayS said, these are fine for 'work' towels.  I also use them for interior towels (but stay away from glossy surfaces).  I wash these towels and reuse them - interior, then demote to work towel, and finally single use 'rag'.

7 hours ago, John707 said:

Hey guys, do you think I need to apply wax after the LPS? My plan right now is still polish/LPS/H20 GG. Not sure if I even need the butter wax throw in after LPS? Thanks!

I would lean towards no, I don't think you'll need to apply wax after LPs and HGG. I say that since I'm not very confident that all three of those things would play well together. I know LPS and H20 GG are great together, but I've never seen with Buttery on top. I think LPS and H20 GG will provide plenty of protection, and great hydrophobics. I'm afraid the buttery might mess with the water behavior.

But this may be a matter of personal preference.

9 hours ago, John707 said:

Hey guys, do you think I need to apply wax after the LPS? My plan right now is still polish/LPS/H20 GG. Not sure if I even need the butter wax throw in after LPS? Thanks!

I would also recommend no, and as you were thinking, it's not really necessary, either. Take a look at this article that also includes info on layering your products.

Lol! Well just my luck I am here in northern California and we were hit with power outages and huge winds so now the truck is super dirty from this construction near my house! I will take pics for sure next go around.

I also just realized I used H20 G&G on the headlights...did I mess up? :(

2 minutes ago, John707 said:

Lol! Well just my luck I am here in northern California and we were hit with power outages and huge winds so now the truck is super dirty from this construction near my house! I will take pics for sure next go around.

Not at all...HGG is safe for the whole car (except maybe tires 😀).

13 hours ago, John707 said:

Nah totally safe on headlights.. Actually a great protection to put a sealant on headlights. I've read in some owners manuals not to use wax on lights... I don't know what that's about, I haven't researched it, but now I just make sure to stick to sealants on headlights and taillights.

John when I saw you had a Tahoe, I read every post.  Im on my 3rd Tahoe its a Summit White, w/ Black accents (no chrome) 2019 Premiere RST.

When I got it last September, I washed it as soon as I got it home with Strip Wash, Iron Remover, then hit it with GnG.  And about a month later I did a coating on it.

Previous versions were 

2008 Black

2016 Black

Anyways, I love them and take the utmost care of them.

Here is my process as I am 100% Adam’s compliant 😬

The Tahoe is ceramic coated 

3 buckets, grit guards in them all, and the rinse bucket also has the wash board.

Pressure wash off light dirt.

Mega Foam entire vehicle

set up buckets and start wheels and tires.

When done wheels and tires, rinse entire vehicle.

Foam a second time then start hand washing.

Rinse again when all done.

I blow dry 70-80% of the water off, including all hidden areas.

Then finish drying with the ultra plush and one of the following 

Detail Spray

or

Ceramic Waterless

or

Ceramic Boost.

This Tahoe is sort of my garage queen.  It is reserved for nice days and long family trips.  It is quick and a ton of fun!  My daily is an 2001 Silverado and we use my wifes CRV for errands and closer family gatherings.

There are 2 other Tahoe forums out there as well, I dont check them often, as I am on here daily.  But certainly reach out if you need anything.  

974C7FE9-DBAB-462B-BCC8-8FB91E5A05BC.jpeg

1EB86D86-6540-4E4D-91A2-7330A29D05E6.jpeg

53FFE236-A071-4759-840E-680F82CFBFD1.jpeg

Edited by Nickfire20

9 hours ago, Yo-Yo Ma's Cousin said:

Nah totally safe on headlights.. Actually a great protection to put a sealant on headlights. I've read in some owners manuals not to use wax on lights... I don't know what that's about, I haven't researched it, but now I just make sure to stick to sealants on headlights and taillights.

Non-LED headlights get hot and can make a mess out of the wax.   I am hesitant to put any sealant on non-LED headlights just because of the heat that some of them generate.

19 hours ago, Nickfire20 said:

John when I saw you had a Tahoe, I read every post.  Im on my 3rd Tahoe its a Summit White, w/ Black accents (no chrome) 2019 Premiere RST.

When I got it last September, I washed it as soon as I got it home with Strip Wash, Iron Remover, then hit it with GnG.  And about a month later I did a coating on it.

Previous versions were 

2008 Black

2016 Black

Anyways, I love them and take the utmost care of them.

Here is my process as I am 100% Adam’s compliant 😬

The Tahoe is ceramic coated 

3 buckets, grit guards in them all, and the rinse bucket also has the wash board.

Pressure wash off light dirt.

Mega Foam entire vehicle

set up buckets and start wheels and tires.

When done wheels and tires, rinse entire vehicle.

Foam a second time then start hand washing.

Rinse again when all done.

I blow dry 70-80% of the water off, including all hidden areas.

Then finish drying with the ultra plush and one of the following 

Detail Spray

or

Ceramic Waterless

or

Ceramic Boost.

This Tahoe is sort of my garage queen.  It is reserved for nice days and long family trips.  It is quick and a ton of fun!  My daily is an 2001 Silverado and we use my wifes CRV for errands and closer family gatherings.

There are 2 other Tahoe forums out there as well, I dont check them often, as I am on here daily.  But certainly reach out if you need anything.  

974C7FE9-DBAB-462B-BCC8-8FB91E5A05BC.jpeg

1EB86D86-6540-4E4D-91A2-7330A29D05E6.jpeg

53FFE236-A071-4759-840E-680F82CFBFD1.jpeg

Hi Nick thanks for reaching out! I have a 2019 myself, Pearl white color (forgot the real name). Beautiful Tahoes you have there. This one is my truck as we have a 2018 Honda Odyssey for the kid hauler and my wife has her Lexus as her DD to work. 

Once I get some time to clean out my garage my Tahoe will be going in the garage. Thanks for the wash tips appreciate it. You know this thing is so big I am darn near about to order the Adams side kick blaster to help dry the truck faster. I do have 2 of the ultra plush large drying towels that are probably the best drying towels I've used but I want help hitting the hidden areas as after I am done water still drips down in certain spots. 

22 minutes ago, John707 said:

but I want help hitting the hidden areas as after I am done water still drips down in certain spots. 

Two words: Sidekick Blaster 👍💯 Just don't do what I did when I first got it or more recently 🤦🏻‍♂️

https://adamspolishes.com/products/adam-s-blaster-sidekick

Going to buy that VERY soon! 👍

Side note: I have the waterless wash kit coming in today. My plan for maintenance is 1 week foam cannon wash and the following week do a waterless wash + DS and repeat....forever lol

I am wondering if I can get away with just 2 waffle weave WS towels or do I need more for the Tahoe. 🤔

Edited by John707

Guys I am pretty darn worried about using this waterless wash to clean the vehicle and not scratching it! Any tips? How much WW solution do I need to spray onto the paint, I am thinking I need to really coat the paint so when I wipe it off it doesn't scratch? Also can I use 2 towels for the whole truck? I did a test and I can see a lot of dust/dirt on the towel and am like how am I NOT scratching the surface lol.

In my mind I am like I NEED water and soap lol. Haven't used a product like this ever...so my mind is playing tricks on me. 

Edited by John707

How much WW solution do I need to spray onto the paint, I am thinking I need to really coat the paint so when I wipe it off it doesn't scratch? 

The website says to "Spray a fine mist on the panel".

I did a test and I can see a lot of dust/dirt on the towel and am like how am I NOT scratching the surface lol.

In the video, at around 1:55 mark, Adam says "before he jumps in and starts using the spray and wipe, he does everything he can to reduce the big particles of dirt on the finish". The video goes on to say what all he does. You may want to check it out.

I also remember in a different video with a different product, he said if the bottom of the truck is extremely muddy or dirty, you may need to rinse it off. I know that defeats the purpose of waterless wash, but large particles of dirt will scratch the paint for sure.

I apologize as I've not used this product yet but I will be in about a week. So I've been studying a lot myself.

Edited by SgtLip
fixed typo