Customer Service 866.965.0400

Ceramic Glass Coating

falcaineer

Question

7 minutes ago, tlbullet said:

I would guess it would..i look at it like CSC and CC.  Both similar product. CSC easier to apply. GS is also easy to apply and get a few months longevity out of it. 

That does make sense. The one that I question is Ultra Foam Shampoo. There is no longer a valid need for it, now that Mega Foam is here. And it can't be price point, because we all know that Mega Foam is cheaper, based on how many ounces are used between the 2. Car Shampoo, Wash & Wax, Wash+Coat and Strip Wash still serve their purposes.

4 hours ago, tlbullet said:

You’re killing me!!! When is it being released???

Probably when they get rid of the 20% discount code and go back to another 15% off code, lol.

I’ve been in need of and waiting to order a new bottle of glass sealant so this came out at a perfect time.  Finally, a new release coming out before I make an order for an older ‘inferior’ product.  I wonder if we’ll also see that ceramic rinse + coat released when this releases...

I use the Glass Sealant on every vehicle and would gladly go with the Ceramic Glass Coating, on the Colorado, Mustang, Fiesta and 240z.   For the others, I'll have to take a wait and see including the Range Rover, Terrain and F-150 all have cameras and sensors in and behind the windshield and I'd sure hate to mess up or interfere with any of the integrated systems.

However, since the Floridians do have challenges keeping their windshields clean, I would absolutely doe the Equinox, Suburban and the golf carts.  When I get to Florida, I'll be doing a ceramic coating on the golf cars, so this would be perfect edition for the windshields.

All great questions, folks! Thank for the feedback both good and bad-- We've been working on this coating since before April and wanted to craft a user-friendly, effective, and high performance coating system. Many of you have utilized our Glass Sealant and Glass Boost, or our new Ceramic Spray Coating on your glass surfaces... All good things! However, with the debut of a competitor that shall remained unnamed, we wanted to offer a similar/better chemistry system to our customers and others wanting like-results. Adam's Ceramic Glass Coating System should be referred to as a system as it's a two-part coating process. Part A is a thick ceramic layer that is applied to a clean, clayed window to fill in peaks and valleys of glass to create a uniform surface modification. Once Part A is applied, you immediately go over it with Part B, a silane blend of ingredients to provide extreme slip, hydrophobic properties, and a sacrificial layer to the coating itself. The function of the two cannot work without the other, applying only Part A will create fogging and haziness-- Utilizing Part B only will drastically decrease your longevity and durability. 

If you have any other questions, let us know here! 

9 minutes ago, Kyle@Adams said:

All great questions, folks! Thank for the feedback both good and bad-- We've been working on this coating since before April and wanted to craft a user-friendly, effective, and high performance coating system. Many of you have utilized our Glass Sealant and Glass Boost, or our new Ceramic Spray Coating on your glass surfaces... All good things! However, with the debut of a competitor that shall remained unnamed, we wanted to offer a similar/better chemistry system to our customers and others wanting like-results. Adam's Ceramic Glass Coating System should be referred to as a system as it's a two-part coating process. Part A is a thick ceramic layer that is applied to a clean, clayed window to fill in peaks and valleys of glass to create a uniform surface modification. Once Part A is applied, you immediately go over it with Part B, a silane blend of ingredients to provide extreme slip, hydrophobic properties, and a sacrificial layer to the coating itself. The function of the two cannot work without the other, applying only Part A will create fogging and haziness-- Utilizing Part B only will drastically decrease your longevity and durability. 

If you have any other questions, let us know here! 

My only question is what is the comparison of Ceramic Spray Coating on glass and Glass Coating? What are the differences that set each other apart (not price).

4 minutes ago, chops1sc said:

How do wipers react to the coating? I know at driving speed there is no need but sometimes you just have to use the wipers. When I use Adams glass sealant my wipers chatter like crazy and I hate it!

You have the opposite reaction to what I've found with Adam's Glass Sealant.  I do not have any vehicles that the wipers chatter. I also have Bosch Icon wipers on all the vehicles, so it may be your blades that are actually causing the problem.   

2 hours ago, Tim said:

Very intriguing. I see there is a “full car kit” available. But, can you create a kit for those of us that have Teslas? The entire roof is glass!

Just add some more wipes! These wipes are designed for a standard size windshield, so extras needed for the rest of your glass. It's what I'll have to do, as well, since I have a glass roof, too.

6 minutes ago, Feets31 said:

So do this to the front windshield and use the ceranic boost only for the rest of the windows? 

It's designed for any glass, but the two included wipes will only cover a standard sized windshield. Additional wipes are needed for more windows. Ceramic Boost can be used to maintain, or you could also use another Part B wipe quarterly or semi-annually after a thorough cleaning.

9 hours ago, Feets31 said:

So do this to the front windshield and use the ceranic boost only for the rest of the windows? 

If I were to guestimate, you'll probably need 6ish pairs of A and B wipes (so getting a full car kit [which includes 4 pairs of A and B wipes] + two extra pairs of A and B wipes)

This is how I would go about it and my rationale behind that estimation-

Use one pair for the front windshield, one pair for the back windshield, one pair for all the glass on the drivers side of the car, one pair for all the glass on the passenger side of the car, then treat the roof as two windshields by using one pair for the front half of the roof glass, and one pair for the rear half of the roof glass. (If you have a model X, maybe consider getting an extra pair just in case... but I think you'll be fine with 6ish pairs).

Then when you're finished make sure to eat a pear.

Edited by Yo-Yo Ma's Cousin