Customer Service 866.965.0400

Ceramic Paste Wax or Ceramic Spray Coating

RayS

Which Vehicle Gets Converted  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the four vehicles should be converted from CPW to CSC - Poll closes early on 9/28/2019

• Colorado
    • Fiesta
    • F-150
    • Mustang

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/28/2019 at 08:00 AM

Question

Ignoring the point that I was being invaded by Blue things, these four vehicles represent some of my work.  The members that have been around for a while may know what I've done with each vehicle, others might not. While the Mustang is a bit hidden, hopefully it shows enough.   Can you really tell which one is Ceramic Spray Coated and which three have Ceramic Paste Wax?  

This is where the fun begins, one of the three that has CPW will be converted to CSC this upcoming weekend, the question is which one?   I'm open to suggestions and as part of the process, I'll do a full write up on stripping a vehicle with CPW and transforming it to a vehicle with CSC.  

IMG_0527.JPG

Edited by RayS

5 answers to this question

1 hour ago, RayS said:

This is where the fun begins, one of the three that has CPW will be converted to CSC this upcoming weekend, the question is which one?   I'm open to suggestions and as part of the process, I'll do a full write up on stripping a vehicle with CPW and transforming it to a vehicle with CSC.  

Excited to see how it goes, and to read your write up!

The poll was even between the Colorado and Mustang, so the decision is to go with the Colorado for this weekend.   The truck had Ceramic Paste Wax applied on June 9th and then I used Ceramic Spray Coating on all the Black items on September 2nd.  It will be interesting to see if the strip wash has any effect on the parts that I already hit with CSC

I'll get another cup or two of coffee in me and it will be time to get started.  We're expected to be at 94 by noon, so I'm hoping to get a good 6 hours in on it today, then it should be back in the 80's by 7 PM, so I'll get some more time late and on Sunday we should be 96 by noon topping out at 100 by 2 PM.   Given that the truck has been kept in pristine condition, I do not expect it to be a lot of work to get it ready for CSC.

IMG_0521.JPG

3 hours ago, RayS said:

The poll was even between the Colorado and Mustang, so the decision is to go with the Colorado for this weekend.   The truck had Ceramic Paste Wax applied on June 9th and then I used Ceramic Spray Coating on all the Black items on September 2nd.  It will be interesting to see if the strip wash has any effect on the parts that I already hit with CSC

I'll get another cup or two of coffee in me and it will be time to get started.  We're expected to be at 94 by noon, so I'm hoping to get a good 6 hours in on it today, then it should be back in the 80's by 7 PM, so I'll get some more time late and on Sunday we should be 96 by noon topping out at 100 by 2 PM.   Given that the truck has been kept in pristine condition, I do not expect it to be a lot of work to get it ready for CSC.

IMG_0521.JPG

Excited to see how it turns out! 
I found apc pretty successful to use for stripping CSC, by the way