Customer Service 866.965.0400

Glass Cleaner + Brilliant Glaze

FrontRanger

8 hours ago, mc2hill said:

@SgtLip You could use Waterless Wash to clean windows if you don't have Glass Cleaner.  I do the windows last.

I have Ceramic Waterless Wash. That is okay to use on the interior?

2 hours ago, RayS said:

I do mine once per quarter unless we have or are taking and extended road trip, then I might do it again.  I always use the Leather Condition in the garage, out of the sun and once I've done all surfaces, seats, dash, door panels and center console, I leave the windows rolled down for a few hours.   The LC is the last step that I do in the interior.  I start with the gunk in the doors if there is any, then the vacuum, instrument cluster and vents, Interior details spray on the chrome, infotainment center, seat belt buckles, etc., then the windows and finally the LC.

I like this plan. Do you run the risk of getting LC on the glass when applying on the dashboard?

1 hour ago, SgtLip said:

I like this plan. Do you run the risk of getting LC on the glass when applying on the dashboard?

I don't know about using Ceramic Waterless Wash on the inside of a vehicle, but I am more than willing to use a test vehicle to see what it does.  I think the Fiesta may be the ideal candidate since it has hard surface parts on the so called trunk.  It will be a few days before I can test it, but I don't know of a reason why it can't be used on the interior and I'll do the experimentation unless one of the Adam's folks chimes in to state not to.

Yes, I've gotten the LC on the glass a few times, but I almost always hit the panels or dash with my arm, cloth or something when I'm doing the glass.   It is much easier to carefully touch up a spot on the glass.  In addition, when I start with LC, I want to do the entire vehicle and I can start by sitting in the front seat doing 1/2 the dash, the drivers door panel and when I get out, I do the seat itself and close the door.  Then it is off to the passenger side to do the same routine, then I go to the back seat and finally for the SUV, the hatch area.

1 hour ago, RayS said:

I don't know about using Ceramic Waterless Wash on the inside of a vehicle, but I am more than willing to use a test vehicle to see what it does.  I think the Fiesta may be the ideal candidate since it has hard surface parts on the so called trunk.  It will be a few days before I can test it, but I don't know of a reason why it can't be used on the interior and I'll do the experimentation unless one of the Adam's folks chimes in to state not to.

Yes, I've gotten the LC on the glass a few times, but I almost always hit the panels or dash with my arm, cloth or something when I'm doing the glass.   It is much easier to carefully touch up a spot on the glass.  In addition, when I start with LC, I want to do the entire vehicle and I can start by sitting in the front seat doing 1/2 the dash, the drivers door panel and when I get out, I do the seat itself and close the door.  Then it is off to the passenger side to do the same routine, then I go to the back seat and finally for the SUV, the hatch area.

Yeah, I don't have a test vehicle but if you do, please let me know. As you mentioned, maybe one of the Adam's folks will advise if using Ceramic Waterless Wash on the interior windows is okay.

I like the thought process. Makes sense to clean the glass then as you say do the LC last and shut the door.

Thanks

14 hours ago, SgtLip said:

I would not.  A long time ago Waterless Wash and Glass Cleaner were the same thing (so I was told), but I would not clean the glass with a product that had 'additives'.  You can create 'waterless wash' if you have Rinseless Wash.

7 hours ago, mc2hill said:

I would not.  A long time ago Waterless Wash and Glass Cleaner were the same thing (so I was told), but I would not clean the glass with a product that had 'additives'.  You can create 'waterless wash' if you have Rinseless Wash.

No Rinseless Wash on hand. Not to worry. I ordered the Window Cleaner last night and it supposed to be here on 10/31. So I can hold off until it arrives.

But THANKS.

Edited by SgtLip

Some ideas to consider as you clean glass, all meant to avoid or simplify removal of overspray...

- If front windows roll all the way down but rear only partially, roll them down while you clean the interior to avoid getting the ID on them as much as possible, then roll them up to clean last. Simply wipe away GC overspray from door panels

- Or, if they all roll all the way down, clean them first, roll them down, clean the interior, and finally roll them back up. No overspray with any product that way

- Clean your dash, then cover it with some towels as you spray the windshield. ID takes more effort to remove from the glass than GC from the dash.

7 minutes ago, falcaineer said:

- Clean your dash,  ID takes more effort to remove

THANKS Chris, this is really good info. Glass is hard enough to clean and make look good. Inside and out. All the hints are helpful.

Okay, do I need to use ID on the dash if I have LC coming? I was going to use that on the complete interior as it is all leather/vinyl. I do have the Leather Cleaner as well.

Edited by SgtLip

21 hours ago, SgtLip said:

THANKS Chris, this is really good info. Glass is hard enough to clean and make look good. Inside and out. All the hints are helpful.

Okay, do I need to use ID on the dash if I have LC coming? I was going to use that on the complete interior as it is all leather/vinyl. I do have the Leather Cleaner as well.

You can use either one, the both work great.  I prefer LC on the dash, especially on the Denali and Range Rover that have Leather'sh dashes.  It gives them a deeper color than ID and I believe the moisture content is import on the Leather'sh dashes.  When I'm doing an inexpensive vehicle like the oldest's daily driver Fiesta, I use Pumpkin Spice ID on the dash, door panels, center console and plastic seats.  Why the Pumpkin Spice specifically, it's simple she prefers the smell and I'm a good Dad...

The Mustang gets LC on everything, except the steering wheel, which just makes it slick on that car.  Even the cover for the convertible top when it is down gets LC.  I recently did a Dodge and the LC went on the Dash and Seats, but the door panels were more of a plastic, so I used ID on them.  Either way, it comes down to your preference and the only recommendation on which to choose would be, if it has any softness to it, then try LC, if it is hard as a rock plastic, stick with ID.  If you choose to change course during your next detail session you can do without issue, at least I've never had a problem switching between them.

One piece of advise on the side windows and dealing with the southern sand.  It tends to stick along the seal on the bottom of the window, so I always put it down a few inches and then right back up to find any pesky sand particles before I put them down all the way or clean them.  It's a pain to clean the window put it down and then when you roll it up later, you have sand stuck to it and as I'm sure you've already learned, the sand gets everywhere.

2 hours ago, RayS said:

You can use either one, the both work great.  I prefer LC on the dash, especially on the Denali and Range Rover that have Leather'sh dashes.  It gives them a deeper color than ID and I believe the moisture content is import on the Leather'sh dashes.  When I'm doing an inexpensive vehicle like the oldest's daily driver Fiesta, I use Pumpkin Spice ID on the dash, door panels, center console and plastic seats.  Why the Pumpkin Spice specifically, it's simple she prefers the smell and I'm a good Dad...

The Mustang gets LC on everything, except the steering wheel, which just makes it slick on that car.  Even the cover for the convertible top when it is down gets LC.  I recently did a Dodge and the LC went on the Dash and Seats, but the door panels were more of a plastic, so I used ID on them.  Either way, it comes down to your preference and the only recommendation on which to choose would be, if it has any softness to it, then try LC, if it is hard as a rock plastic, stick with ID.  If you choose to change course during your next detail session you can do without issue, at least I've never had a problem switching between them.

One piece of advise on the side windows and dealing with the southern sand.  It tends to stick along the seal on the bottom of the window, so I always put it down a few inches and then right back up to find any pesky sand particles before I put them down all the way or clean them.  It's a pain to clean the window put it down and then when you roll it up later, you have sand stuck to it and as I'm sure you've already learned, the sand gets everywhere.

@RayS Good info. I am curious what to do with my interior. I'm attaching a photo of the Dash and the Door Panel.

The dash has the Leather'sh top, a piece of Wood and ends with Leather. I was planning to use the LC on the Leather'sh and Leather. I'm not sure what to use on the Wood though. Any suggestions?

IMG_0556.thumb.jpeg.7b0069b5291fb242159624db59faf77d.jpeg

On the door panels, its different colors of plastic, wood and leather. I was going to use the LC on the leather, ID on the plastic bits. Not sure what to use on the wood piece at the very top. Any suggestions?

IMG_0555.thumb.jpeg.d5066be39706ba9f585bd1244f8b129e.jpeg

The gray leather'sh on the dash really feels like leather. But on the door panel the gray looks exactly the same but its a plastic. Should I use the LC in both places or only on the dash?

Thanks in advance.

If it were a vehicle that I was doing, I would use LC on the entire door panel, excluding the window and lock controls and faux wood at the top.  For those areas, I would use ID.  For the dash, it would be LC on everything except the faux wood, infotainment center, the chrome line across the center of the dash, vents and speakers.   I generally do the LC areas first and then by spraying the ID on a microfiber towel, do the remaining areas.  if you happen to hit a chrome or edge of the infotainment center with the LC, the ID will take it right off, yet is doesn't seem to affect the leather'sh materials if happen to run a microfiber towel across them with ID on it.   As a reminder, you do not need very much LC, a little goes a long way.

I like the dash and the doors, they look really nice.

Edited by RayS

8 hours ago, RayS said:

If it were a vehicle that I was doing, I would use LC on the entire door panel, excluding the window and lock controls and faux wood at the top.  For those areas, I would use ID.  For the dash, it would be LC on everything except the faux wood, infotainment center, the chrome line across the center of the dash, vents and speakers.   I generally do the LC areas first and the by spraying the ID on a microfiber towel, do the remaining areas.  if you happen to hit a chrome or edge of the infotainment center with the LC, the ID will take it right off, yet is doesn't seem to affect the leather'sh materials if happen to run a microfiber towel across them with ID on it.   As a reminder, you do not need very much LC, a little goes a long way.

I like the dash and the doors, they look really nice.

@RayS THANK for the tips and the compliment. I was originally looking at the really light parchment colored leather. When I saw the saddle colored leather the wife and I liked it better.