Customer Service 866.965.0400

Adam’s Ceramic Waterless Wash

SouthernSteve

Good Day All,

Just wanted to show off my wife’s 2013 Impreza after the 2 time using the Ceramic w.w.  The base is a coating, I applied over two years ago.  I have used another brand but after using Adam’s, the pop and gloss is far better.  

I also noticed that the product rejects dust and airborne contamination better too.  We haven’t had any appreciable rain in nearly a month...

This product is a winner.   

Thanks!

8439114F-3729-4803-ADCA-F1CAA9869EAE.jpeg

BE07ECB2-AE5D-4EEB-8EB8-AEBC7B0FDA63.jpeg

49EC5A1C-3FDE-4F87-8D8C-864230062C3A.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, Rb1274 said:

It sure does cost a lot to make that switch over to Ceramics.  I'am in the process right now I hope it will be worth it.  

Hi Ryan,

FWIW,

my wife’s car pictured above is a 2013 Impreza.  The car has gone from Northeast Winters to  the hot Southern sun the last year and a half.

I coated the car right from the word go.  First coating I did lasted about 3 and a half years before I re did it.  I’ve just started using Adams again but the biggest reason for success is Proper Maintenance.  

The ceramic market has exploded and some of the claims from the various companies are crazy, including scratch-proof...😱  

My truck is also coated and I have done coatings for others, once I determine their dedication to Proper Maintenance Practices.  When done correctly, IMO, the longevity and benefits are worth the extra expense.  

Hopefully, you will see that too. 👍

3 hours ago, Rb1274 said:

It sure does cost a lot to make that switch over to Ceramics.  I'am in the process right now I hope it will be worth it.  

Hi Ryan,

The cost of the switch is a valid point, but you also need to consider the maintenance and your time. 

So far my son-in-laws F-150 and my Colorado have been done, 3 others currently have Ceramic Paste Wax, which I absolute love.  Two have Americana and two others are in rehab, one for excessive oil consumption and the other for failing to get out of first gear and the 240z is awaiting an appointment with the paint shop.   Then there is the Bike for which I have no idea on what I'm going to do and I'm looking for my next project vehicle.  

As for the Florida vehicles, I'm going to coat the golf carts and maybe the equinox, but I don't think the Suburban will get coated, but I am hit it Ceramic Paste Wax.  The one that really don't know what to do with is the 32' camper and I'm seriously considering going with H20 Guard and Gloss.  

From my standpoint, trying to keep up with so many vehicles is a challenge.  The maintenance is so much easier on the Ceramic side and instead of washing every other week at a minimum, I'm now going to 3-4 weeks.  The garage queens clean up in a hurry with Ceramic Waterless Wash and based and I know from my product inventory, the maintenance cost is less than what I was doing with the regular chemicals, just based on the frequency of washes needed.

3 hours ago, Rb1274 said:

Ryan, yes that’s a true observation. But this is also where I believe that Ceramic Spray Coating comes in clutch. It’s so versatile- one product to ceramic coat every exterior surface. Yes the longevity is not as much as a traditional coating, but you avoid having to spend $200+ to gather coatings for glass, paint, wheels, and trim. It’s all in one bottle for $20-30, then get a bottle of boost for $20 to use every 4-6 weeks and a bottle of ceramic waterless wash to use as your drying aid ever to every other week. You end up spending like $50 as your investment instead of the aforementioned. this will give you a great 6ish month trial to see if they are for you, before you commit to the traditional coatings.

42 minutes ago, Yo-Yo Ma's Cousin said:

Ryan, yes that’s a true observation. But this is also where I believe that Ceramic Spray Coating comes in clutch. It’s so versatile- one product to ceramic coat every exterior surface. Yes the longevity is not as much as a traditional coating, but you avoid having to spend $200+ to gather coatings for glass, paint, wheels, and trim. It’s all in one bottle for $20-30, then get a bottle of boost for $20 to use every 4-6 weeks and a bottle of ceramic waterless wash to use as your drying aid ever to every other week. You end up spending like $50 as your investment instead of the aforementioned. this will give you a great 6ish month trial to see if they are for you, before you commit to the traditional coatings.

Juan,

If you use Ceramic Spray Coating as you mention and lets say it lasts 6 months. What is the process after that? Do you have to start all over again as if the car has never been coated before? Do you just keep using the maintenance products or what?

Just got a new car and will be doing this within a week. Waiting for the Iron Remover to get here on the 14th. Then I'll get it all done.

3 hours ago, SgtLip said:

Juan,

If you use Ceramic Spray Coating as you mention and lets say it lasts 6 months. What is the process after that? Do you have to start all over again as if the car has never been coated before? Do you just keep using the maintenance products or what?

Just got a new car and will be doing this within a week. Waiting for the Iron Remover to get here on the 14th. Then I'll get it all done.

Given that the CSC is so new, we are all going to learn about the different longevity characteristics.  I expect the garage queens to have a different lifecycle from the 24/7 outdoor daily driver.  The maintenance aspect will most likely also make a difference in the longevity.  Even for the vehicles that I've used Ceramic Paste Wax on, there has been a considerable difference in how long it lasted with the various maintenance routines and usage models.

This is also where the forum comes in so handy with everyone sharing the information they've gather, what they have tried and the outcome.   

2 hours ago, RayS said:

Given that the CSC is so new, we are all going to learn about the different longevity characteristics.  I expect the garage queens to have a different lifecycle from the 24/7 outdoor daily driver.  The maintenance aspect will most likely also make a difference in the longevity.  Even for the vehicles that I've used Ceramic Paste Wax on, there has been a considerable difference in how long it lasted with the various maintenance routines and usage models.

This is also where the forum comes in so handy with everyone sharing the information they've gather, what they have tried and the outcome.   

So the process is unknown regardless of the timing?

Edited by SgtLip

6 hours ago, SgtLip said:

The recommended process is known, regular 2 bucket washes and every 4 weeks to use Ceramic Boost.    If you are taking care of one or two cars, the maintenance routine should be easy.  It is when you are taking care of many vehicles, some garaged, some not others are daily drivers vs rarely driven.  Those variables will change the frequency of washes and how long the product will last before it needs another coat.  

Then there are those that don't do any maintenance and decide to run them through a car wash before they bring you the vehicle so it doesn't look like they weren't maintaining it at all.  Not to mention parking under a tree that spews sap on it, a bridge with lots of pigeons that spew something else on it.  These are the variables that are going to affect the longevity and require some of use to use other than the recommended maintenance process on some vehicles.

14 hours ago, SgtLip said:

Juan,

8 hours ago, SgtLip said:

Sgt. if you're referring to what is the maintenance process during the duration of your coating, @RayS has provided very good info on how to do that depending on your which vehicle you are maintaining. Like he said, I do 2 bucket wash method, and use Ceramic Waterless Wash as a drying aid when I hand dry. Every 4-6 weeks, I apply Ceramic Boost.

If you were referring to what do you do when your coating duration is coming to an end? I plan on doing the full detail process again. Meaning I plan on strip washing, claying, decontaminating, polishing, and reapplying whichever protection I decide on (I can't see myself doing anything other than ceramic coating right now). This process would especially be important if you initially applied Ceramic Spray Coating, but you want to commit to the traditional Ceramic Paint/Wheel/Trim/Glass Coating. << The reason it's important to remove the existing Ceramic Spray Coating before applying the Ceramic Paint Coating is because the Ceramic Paint/Wheel/Trim/Glass Coating should always be the base coat ontop of your paint/wheels/trim/glass. After you have applied the traditional coatings and allowed them to cure, then you may follow with Ceramic Spray Coating on all surfaces as a topper (if desired, not necessary at all). The order should not be Ceramic Spray Coating > Ceramic Paint/Wheel/Trim/Glass Coating.

1 hour ago, Yo-Yo Ma's Cousin said:

Sgt. if you're referring to what is the maintenance process during the duration of your coating, @RayS has provided very good info on how to do that depending on your which vehicle you are maintaining. Like he said, I do 2 bucket wash method, and use Ceramic Waterless Wash as a drying aid when I hand dry. Every 4-6 weeks, I apply Ceramic Boost.

If you were referring to what do you do when your coating duration is coming to an end? I plan on doing the full detail process again. Meaning I plan on strip washing, claying, decontaminating, polishing, and reapplying whichever protection I decide on (I can't see myself doing anything other than ceramic coating right now). This process would especially be important if you initially applied Ceramic Spray Coating, but you want to commit to the traditional Ceramic Paint/Wheel/Trim/Glass Coating. << The reason it's important to remove the existing Ceramic Spray Coating before applying the Ceramic Paint Coating is because the Ceramic Paint/Wheel/Trim/Glass Coating should always be the base coat ontop of your paint/wheels/trim/glass. After you have applied the traditional coatings and allowed them to cure, then you may follow with Ceramic Spray Coating on all surfaces as a topper (if desired, not necessary at all). The order should not be Ceramic Spray Coating > Ceramic Paint/Wheel/Trim/Glass Coating.

Juan,

THANKS. That last paragraph was what I was looking for. I totally understand no one knows the longevity of the product. You answered my question. When its life appears to be over, you start all over again. I appreciate the assistance.

Just wanted to share some pics with the good members here plus any lurkers who may be on the fence about the Ceramic Waterless Wash.  

we finally started getting rain, yesterday, after 6 weeks of bone dry weather with temps near 100 at times.  The Subaru this morning, untouched, as it sits.  Coming home last night, we hit a downpour for about10 miles.  To reiterate, long term base coating, three applications of the Ceramic WW , one time used a s a Rinseless wash.  Car was traditional washed last week.   

Hopefully , you can tell by the pics, on how great a job it did with rejecting the vast amounts of precip and Environmental contamination.  In the one pic, you can see the dirt accumulation along the rocker panels and lower doors but  that’s about it.  Keep in mind, no rain in 6 weeks and high temps...

Ive been Detailing 30 years and Adams Ceramic and have tried many products.  This is one of my all- time favorites...

2452A68B-EE47-4A29-B19C-2A800337AE14.jpeg

8C2B9F48-5EC8-477D-94F1-764CED2209B5.jpeg

C1A23DF0-5F39-40DE-8AFD-515F21CD3211.jpeg

Edited by SouthernSteve