Customer Service 866.965.0400

What is your "Go-To" travel Kit?

stalebreadjr

Question

So far, I have found a wealth of knowledge here as a beginner.  That being said I am very interested in what you all carry in your vehicle as a travel kit.  Basically, what is the "don't leave home without it" collection for y'all?

I'm wanting to carry a few things in a soft case or small case in my vehicles and I always like to ask before I buy.  I know you all have refined what you use and you can't buy that kind of experience!

Edited by stalebreadjr
spelling

8 answers to this question

1 hour ago, stalebreadjr said:

So far, I have found a wealth of knowledge here as a beginner.  That being said I am very interested in what you all carry in your vehicle as a travel kit.  Basically, what is the "don't leave home without it" collection for y'all?

I'm wanting to carry a few thinks in a soft case or small case in my vehicles and I always like to ask before I buy.  I know you all have refined what you use and you can't buy that kind of experience!

What products are you using on your vehicles? Waxes or ceramic? I think you need to figure out what you use and need and that is what you carry.

I have vehicles with ceramic so I carry ceramic products except for a glass cleaner.

2 hours ago, SgtLip said:

What products are you using on your vehicles? Waxes or ceramic? I think you need to figure out what you use and need and that is what you carry.

I have vehicles with ceramic so I carry ceramic products except for a glass cleaner.

So, shortly, my vehicles will be ceramic coated (temps are still in the high 90s here... so im waiting a couple weeks) 

I personally was thinking about getting some airline travel bottles and putting CWW, DS, glass cleaner,  and interior detailer.  A couple microfiber towels in a soft case.  But again, I'm more interested in y'all's take on this and what y'all do more than anything. 

1 hour ago, tlbullet said:

I wasn’t thinking “daily”.. this is my vacation/road trip list!   Daily,  I keep a travel size DS (Someone graciously gifted me😉) and MF in my trunk!! 

That's cool! Im looking for what you do in either case so it's all good! I travel a good bit for vacationing, usually driving not flying.

Depends on distance and how long I'm going to be gone.  

If it's just to a local show or cruise in, then just Ceramic Boost, or Detail Spray and Glass Cleaner, and a couple of micros.  

For Carlisle (3 days)  I take the Ceramic Boost,  the Ceramic Waterless Wash, Glass Cleaner, Tire Armor, and Leather Conditioner and micros and applicators. 

My travel kits vary according to where I'm going and what I'm doing.  As @falcaineer pointed out earlier, be mindful of the heat and cold and take it the house or hotel where you are staying.  

My personal travel kit has Waterless wash, detail spray, glass cleaner, glass boost, interior detail spray, eco APC and most importantly Brilliant Glaze.  4 borderless Gray, 4 Waterless wash towels, 4 double soft towels, 2 microfiber applicators, 2 Patriots wax applicators, 2 plastic razor blades and finally 4 junk towels.

The waterless wash is either Ceramic or regular according to which vehicle we are taking.  The Eco APC can be used for a wipe down of the wheels if needed along with the exhaust tip, it also handy when someone spills a soda in your vehicle...grrrr.  The go to products are Waterless Wash and Brilliant Glaze since between them they will clean the car and make it pop.  The windows get washed with glass cleaner, but added detail spray gives them a very nice reflective property.   The bug or worse tree sap that gets on your vehicle will come with waterless wash and plastic razor blade.   The Patriots wax applicators are my preferred method of applying Brilliant glaze to the exterior of the vehicle while the microfiber applicator works better for the inside of the windshield.

The Florida trips require more supplies since I do multiple vehicles when I get there.  I fill the 8 bottle bag with regular products, a crate with towels and applicators and I recently got a softside bag which will carry and ceramic products.  

Edited by RayS