Customer Service 866.965.0400

Detail spray streaking

BrandonL

Question

Hey everyone, I used to detail cars in college and used Adams products pretty much exclusively. After college I got out of it and didn’t really have a fun car that I cared about taking care of but I’ve just now finally picked up something fun so now I’m back. I polished out my car and ceramic coated it with Adams products. 

I used to use gallons of detail spray but now I find that it streaks on the ceramic coating. Is this something that other people have experienced too? 

8 answers to this question

12 minutes ago, BrandonL said:

Hey everyone, I used to detail cars in college and used Adams products pretty much exclusively. After college I got out of it and didn’t really have a fun car that I cared about taking care of but I’ve just now finally picked up something fun so now I’m back. I polished out my car and ceramic coated it with Adams products. 

I used to use gallons of detail spray but now I find that it streaks on the ceramic coating. Is this something that other people have experienced too? 

I have not used detail spray on ceramic, but I'd definitely try ceramic boost and apply that once a month. Use ceramic waterless as a replacement for detail spray for wipe downs and such.

I’ve never had it streak,  but I’m also using it on white and grey, so it may be hidden.  Like others said I have pretty much converted to Boost and Ceramic Waterless (just like a detail spray).  Have a gallon and a few bottles of each.  Pretty mandatory for us kinda folks, right😬😬🤷‍♂️

Agreed with others above. Ceramics are silica-based, while DS is carnauba-based. General rule is not to mix product families. That said, I think others on here have used it without much issue. But since it's not working for you...I don't use it on my coated (with CSC) car, either...I recommend you check out their silica-infused line of products. Namely, Ceramic Waterless that can be thought of like a DS for ceramics, as @Nickfire20 said.

Thanks everyone, I appreciate all of the feedback.  Guess I'll save the detail spray for the next time I clay my wife's car and just use the waterless wash in it's place for quick touchups.

One more question.  I was told that the ceramic waterless wash can lead to an excess build up of ceramics (?) and not to use it too frequently.  I have to park my car outside and have been using detail spray to keep my car looking as clean as possible at least once a day.  Will that be an issue if I switch over to ceramic waterless wash with the same frequency?

1 hour ago, galaxy said:

I don’t know if anyone else has experienced this, but pick up the cars & coffee detail spray. I can’t explain it, but it’s different.  Lighter. Easier to use somehow. Doesn’t streak. I love it. 

I have had issues with previous LE such as the 18’ PS and 18’ BF DS.. streaked like crazy. Not much issue with the reg DS....no probs with the CC DS either.