Customer Service 866.965.0400

Spray Wax VS H20 Guard

jeffgrice

Question

Hi There,

I like to enhance my classic car finish with regular "spray wax".  I have used both spray wax and H20 Guard.

What's the difference between the 2 products beside application?

Which is better for gloss/protection given that I routinely apply?

Thanks!

Jeff

7 answers to this question

Hi Jeff,

I have used both products and in my opinion, the H20 Guard and Gloss would be preferred on a White or very light color vehicle.  If it is a Dark vehicle, then I'd have to recommend Wax.  The question is which wax and that depends on your preference.  The Spray Wax is very good,  Americana is step, Patriots if it is a show car and Ceramic Paste Wax if if you are looking to get into ceramic line.

Both the products can build up over time, so you don't want to over use them.  For maintenance, if it is a regular wax or HGG, then I'd recommend using waterless wash and detail spray.  If you go into the ceramic line, then Ceramic Waterless wash and monthly topping with Ceramic Boost.

2 hours ago, Eddie007 said:

Then after every wash use spray wax to maintain the h20 guard and gloss sealant. 

Be cautious about using Spray Wax after every wash. It has a significant amount of carnauba and can build up, potentially affecting visual clarity, etc.

5 hours ago, falcaineer said:

Be cautious about using Spray Wax after every wash. It has a significant amount of carnauba and can build up, potentially affecting visual clarity, etc.

Absolutely agree.   Even the Guard n Gloss is only supposed to be used every 3 washes or so.  Brilliant Glaze would be a better option for regular use.  

I just realized we never directly answered your main question about differences...

HGG is a sealant, and its (relatively new) hybrid technology includes a make-up of acrylic resins, SiO2 resins and carnauba flake. In other words, if plays well with a variety of products including sealants, coatings, and waxes. It's water-activated and works really well that way, but it can also be applied using a dry application method.

Spray Wax, on the other hand, is a carnauba based product, heavily at that, and is more like DS on steroids. It will play well with other carnauba waxes like Americana and Buttery, but recommend not using it with a coating or sealant.

Both can be applied as a standalone or maintenance product, but shouldn't be used more than every 3-4 washes. Either can also be applied wet or dry, and with both, a little goes a long way.