Customer Service 866.965.0400

new 16oz bottles?!?

Saw the bug remover & wheel and tire cleaner, and it's damn sad something as simple as a new bottle can get me riled up. My OCD won't like seeing different bottles (heaven forbid) in my detailing cabinet.  Are these bottles different because of the chemical that's in them, or will they be coming to the rest of the products?  When you change your labels some years back, I had to re-order 6 almost full bottles to get the new labels because my OCD was in high gear. I'm wondering if I'll have to do the same thing here - not complaining, just curious.

Edited by quebert

20 minutes ago, Yo-Yo Ma's Cousin said:

I believe these bottles are used for the heavier chemicals. Strip Wash, Microfiber Revitalizer, Tire and Wheel Cleaner, and I guess Bug Remover all probably leak from the normal bottles.

Yo-yo ma’s is correct. I had spoken to Cs after an issue with the untamed shoe cleaner.  Certain chemicals will be in the new bottle. 

The opaque HDPE bottles are not new, as they were first used a few years ago when Strip Wash was released.  As stated above, the clear PETE bottles are not robust enough for the stronger chemicals, as they would eventually leak or break.

To address the OCD issue, just group all the HDPE bottles on the same shelf. 😁

Good suggestion TheWolf, except I don't have a free shelf. As much as I like Adam's products, there are other brands I use due to Adam's not making certain products I use. Mixing Adam's bottles is one thing, but mixing different brands? NOCD!

Anywho I thought about it, I live in So Cal, bug remover's one product I don't think I'd ever need. And the tire and wheel? I already have wheel cleaner and tire and rubber. So I don't really think I need that one either.  

9 hours ago, quebert said:

I live in So Cal, bug remover's one product I don't think I'd ever need. 

There are NO bugs in Southern CA? I find it hard to believe people in Southern CA never get bugs on the front of their cars. You must work at home!!!

And the tire and wheel? I already have wheel cleaner and tire and rubber. So I don't really think I need that one either.  

Instead of spending money on two (2) bottles you only have to buy one (1). That means you can afford to buy another product.

On 10/8/2019 at 3:28 AM, quebert said:

My OCD won't like seeing different bottles (heaven forbid) in my detailing cabinet.

I worked with a guy that was OCD about arranging items on his desk. I used to go in there and move things around just for fun. He hated me!!! Not really but I would hear my name being shouted out loud with all kinds of other words. It were fun though.

Ha ha.

Good suggestion TheWolf, except I don't have a free shelf. As much as I like Adam's products, there are other brands I use due to Adam's not making certain products I use. Mixing Adam's bottles is one thing, but mixing different brands? NOCD!

Anywho I thought about it, I live in So Cal, bug remover's one product I don't think I'd ever need. And the tire and wheel? I already have wheel cleaner and tire and rubber. So I don't really think I need that one either.  

Yeah, if that's the case, it may be likely that you don't need any of the new bottles. Although, I will say I have heard of cases where the All Purpose Cleaner may be leaking out of the regular bottles. I've been keeping an eye on mine, but everything seems okay so far. 

7 hours ago, SgtLip said:

There are NO bugs in Southern CA? I find it hard to believe people in Southern CA never get bugs on the front of their cars. You must work at home!!!

Instead of spending money on two (2) bottles you only have to buy one (1). That means you can afford to buy another product.

I worked with a guy that was OCD about arranging items on his desk. I used to go in there and move things around just for fun. He hated me!!! Not really but I would hear my name being shouted out loud with all kinds of other words. It were fun though.

Ha ha.

I dunno, I see pics of detailers in other states where the front grill will be covered with bug guts. So Cal I can't explain it, but there isn't a bug problem. I detailed a big F350 work truck with a huge grill, hadn't been washed in months and I didn't see bug remains in the grill or around the bottom panels *SHRUG*  As for your buy 1 product that does 2 things. Haven't read any reviews of it.  But both Wheel Cleaner & Tire & Rubber Cleaner cost more. I can't imagine Adam's would cannibal their sales with a better product that's cheaper. I could be wrong, but to me this is a middle ground product for people who don't want to use 2 products, so long as it works good enough. I'm not knocking the new product, I'll probably even buy a bottle to try it. But I just don't see it being as good as what I have. 

17 minutes ago, quebert said:

Haven't read any reviews of it.  But both Wheel Cleaner & Tire & Rubber Cleaner cost more. I can't imagine Adam's would cannibal their sales with a better product that's cheaper. I could be wrong, but to me this is a middle ground product for people who don't want to use 2 products, so long as it works good enough. I'm not knocking the new product, I'll probably even buy a bottle to try it. But I just don't see it being as good as what I have. 

Totally agree with you. I haven't priced it or read up on it yet myself. I have a bunch of other product to use that it will be awhile as I only have one car now to clean. 

1 hour ago, SgtLip said:

Totally agree with you. I haven't priced it or read up on it yet myself. I have a bunch of other product to use that it will be awhile as I only have one car now to clean. 

The biggest factor is that the new Wheel & Tire cleaner does not contain Thioglycolate (iron remover), which is the chemical that turns purple and pretty much self cleans the wheels in most cases. The Wheel & Tire Cleaner will work for a lot of scenarios, but sometimes you will need something stronger such as the original Wheel Cleaner.

I use Eco Wheel Cleaner and Regular Wheel cleaner according to the wheels on the vehicle.  Most of the vehicles that have had their wheels coated or treated with Ceramic Boost only need Eco Wheel Cleaner, the Range Rover being the exception.    If the new Wheel and Tire cleaner can be used in place of Eco + Tire Cleaner, then I'll call it a win.  Whereas I fully expect the wheels that haven't been washed in years, will still need the extra punch of full Wheel Cleaner which also means that the tires haven't been touched and will require multiple rounds of Tire Cleaner.

I know that I'll be getting a bottle of While & Tire cleaner with my next order to give it a try and then I'll decide whether or not to get a gallon as my go-to product.

44 minutes ago, RayS said:

I use Eco Wheel Cleaner and Regular Wheel cleaner according to the wheels on the vehicle.  Most of the vehicles that have had their wheels coated or treated with Ceramic Boost only need Eco Wheel Cleaner, the Range Rover being the exception.    If the new Wheel and Tire cleaner can be used in place of Eco + Tire Cleaner, then I'll call it a win.  Whereas I fully expect the wheels that haven't been washed in years, will still need the extra punch of full Wheel Cleaner which also means that the tires haven't been touched and will require multiple rounds of Tire Cleaner.

I know that I'll be getting a bottle of While & Tire cleaner with my next order to give it a try and then I'll decide whether or not to get a gallon as my go-to product.

I highly recommend the Wheel & Tire Cleaner, Ray. Be sure to tell Mary 😉😁

4 hours ago, Amiguel6 said:

The biggest factor is that the new Wheel & Tire cleaner does not contain Thioglycolate (iron remover), which is the chemical that turns purple and pretty much self cleans the wheels in most cases. The Wheel & Tire Cleaner will work for a lot of scenarios, but sometimes you will need something stronger such as the original Wheel Cleaner.

That purple is an upselling point to get customers of mine to pay to have their wheels done. They might have at best a vague idea what I'm talking about when I explain iron deposits. But I tell them it'll turn purple, and then they see it turn purple they throw cash at me.  As I said the new wheel and tire cleaner would be awesome for most people. Heck a lot of people just use whatever cheap-o Walmart car soap they buy. So it would be a big step up for them.  Actually now thinking about what you said about scenarios, this is cheaper than the Eco Wheel cleaner, and probably a perfect maintenance product for wheels.

So I guess I gotta order the gallon with the free 16oz *sigh*

Edited by quebert