Customer Service 866.965.0400

Do not forget the Daily Driver

Scooter Trash

While our 2014 Chevy SS Sedan gets all the love, sometimes Big Red (my daily) gets left out in the cold.

I spent last weekend showing it some love and getting it ready for winter.

Adam's products used: Car Shampoo, Tire and Rubber Cleaner, Clay Bar, 15mm Swirl Killer Polisher, Correcting Polish with Orange Foam Pad, Finishing Polish with White Foam Pad, Americana Wax, VRT and what I think is the best of all their products because the shine is unbelievable Adam's Brilliant Glaze.

This is my truck I bought new in 1991. After 18 years of waxing and polishing I had it repainted in 2009 because I had waxed the paint off of it. They did not clear coat back in 91 so every polish and wax took a little more paint off of it and after 18 years I was down to the primer in spots.

I took it to a custom car shop in the area with a paint scheme and here is the results. Doesn't not look bad for a 28 year old truck that has never had any body work other than repainted. It is a testament that if you take care of them, keep them washed and waxed they will last a long time. Last year changed the 16" wheels for new 18" GM wheels and here it is.

Big Red (2).jpg

28 minutes ago, Scooter Trash said:

While our 2014 Chevy SS Sedan gets all the love, sometimes Big Red (my daily) gets left out in the cold.

Adam's products used: Car Shampoo, Tire and Rubber Cleaner, Clay Bar, 15mm Swirl Killer Polisher, Correcting Polish with Orange Foam Pad, Finishing Polish with White Foam Pad, Americana Wax, VRT and what I think is the best of all their products because the shine is unbelievable Adam's Brilliant Glaze.

This is my truck I bought new in 1991. After 18 years of waxing and polishing I had it repainted in 2009 because I had waxed the paint off of it. They did not clear coat back in 91 so every polish and wax took a little more paint off of it and after 18 years I was down to the primer in spots.

I took it to a custom car shop in the area with a paint scheme and here is the results. Doesn't not look bad for a 28 year old truck that has never had any body work other than repainted. It is a testament that if you take care of them, keep them washed and waxed they will last a long time. Last year changed the 16" wheels for new 18" GM wheels and here it is.

Big Red (2).jpg

Rocking it Old School, Larry!   Beautiful and Thank you for sharing...😎

The red is the original color when I bought it.I then added the gunmetal gray bottom with silver flames and burnt orange pin stripes. I think all of those colors complement each other to make a great looking truck with 285,000 miles. I still get a lot of thumbs up when I am driving it. Of course this is what it looked like before the makeover. Changer the grill, front bumper, mirrors, side molding, fender moldings and the light spots on the hood is primer showing through the paint.DSC00832.thumb.JPG.8820b1c0eca739eaf013534e3c59e5e8.JPG

The thing was that the truck still ran good, had good oil pressure and never gave me a bit of trouble the entire time I have owned it. So why get rid of it because it was getting a little worn looking. $7,000.00 later a I had a brand new looking truck. No car payment, no increase in personal property tax and a really good looking truck. It was a no brainer to do.

On 10/8/2019 at 7:48 AM, Scooter Trash said:

Big Red (2).jpg

Nice looking truck. I love the transition from the before to the now. It is AWESOME!!

I just traded my 2 cars for a new car. Wife said to find myself a beater box to drive around town. I'm looking for something I can go from before to after as well.