Customer Service 866.965.0400

New member, product questions

Black Rogue

Question

Hi guys, figured I'd made my way over here to gain some knowledge on some of the new products I've received from Adam's. 

I have a black nissan rogue that I'd like to get some protection on. My long term goal is of course to ceramic coat the vehicle, but that will be early next year. Currently, I have Adam's paint sealant, H2O Guard and Gloss, buttery wax, brilliant glaze, and spray wax. 

I figured out through reading that I should put the sealant down first, but where should I go from there? I've read so much about the benefits of the H2O that I definitely want to incorporate that into the regimen, but where does it fall in line with the glaze, buttery wax, and spray wax? 

I'm looking for depth, pop, and water beading. I think the H20 and glaze will get me there, but not sure of the order in which to apply those. I've used the spray wax as a drying aid with success, but apparently the H20 should be used the same way. 

Before I seal the car for the winter, I will be going over it with strip wash, clay, followed by the 15mm swirl killer and swirl killer mini,  and correcting polish, followed by finishing polish. 

Lots of products to use, and I want the benefits from all of them, but not sure which direction to go after the sealant. In the past before I found Adam's, I would clay, polish, use meguiars ultimate synthetic paste wax, followed by mothers brazillian carnauba, and maintain with mothers spray wax. Looking to leave those products behind and use exclusivelyAdam's.

Also, regarding brilliant glaze on inside windows, is it safe for aftermarket and factory tint? I've searched and only found a couple of mentions of tint with BG, but the people that asked never got their question answered. 

BR

9 answers to this question

1 hour ago, falcaineer said:

This article should help explain what to do, as well as layering. Take a look and let us know if you have any questions...

That is a good article, and I've read it before but have been reading so much I'm getting things mixed up. 

So sealant-glaze-wax. But where does H20 fall in line here? 

BR

8 minutes ago, Black Rogue said:

That is a good article, and I've read it before but have been reading so much I'm getting things mixed up. 

So sealant-glaze-wax. But where does H20 fall in line here? 

BR

You can apply H2O Guard & Gloss on top of the wax during your wash routine every month or two.

When you really want it to pop for a weekend, you can apply a coat of Brilliant Glaze on top.   It will only last a weekend when applied on top, so I'll generally do it on a Friday night or Saturday morning if I have something special going on.  Don't forget to do the inside of your windshield with Brilliant Glaze, it does an amazing job.

2 hours ago, RayS said:

When you really want it to pop for a weekend, you can apply a coat of Brilliant Glaze on top.   It will only last a weekend when applied on top, so I'll generally do it on a Friday night or Saturday morning if I have something special going on.  Don't forget to do the inside of your windshield with Brilliant Glaze, it does an amazing job.

I'm very interested in using BG on my windshield and other windows but need to know if it's safe for tint, both factory and aftermarket. I've got a nasty haze that wont come off with glass cleaner from where they tinted my visor strip and the soap they used got on the windshield. 

BR

21 minutes ago, Black Rogue said:

I'm very interested in using BG on my windshield and other windows but need to know if it's safe for tint, both factory and aftermarket. I've got a nasty haze that wont come off with glass cleaner from where they tinted my visor strip and the soap they used got on the windshield. 

BR

Definitely safe on factory tint.  Not sure about aftermarket, although, my thought is that it is. 

In any case, whenever you use it on a window, be sure to really thoroughly wipe the residue off. I like to first apply with a microfiber applicator, then let it sit for 2 minutes or so, then I come back with clean and dry microfiber towel and wipe off the residue. Make sure to get every corner and little tight spot where you may have applied it. It's easy to miss a little bit here and there in the corners because you're mesmorized by the new clarity of your glass.

Edited by Yo-Yo Ma's Cousin

So I used the brilliant glaze on the inside of my windshield, front side windows, and rear window. Also on the outside of my windshield. 

All I can say is WOOOOOOOW! I dont think I've ever seen such a clean window. My window had alot of grimey streaks and runs on it from the tint shop. Whatever they used as a lubricant for the tint made a mess of my windshield where it dripped down and ran down the window. I haven't been able to get that off with anything. Glass cleaner, vinegar, alcohol, etc. The brilliant glaze either took it off, or covered it up really well lol. 

I'll know for sure if it's gone on the first cold morning when the windows are fogged. That's when I can see that haze the best. Hopefully its gone!

BR

3 minutes ago, Black Rogue said:

So I used the brilliant glaze on the inside of my windshield, front side windows, and rear window. Also on the outside of my windshield. 

All I can say is WOOOOOOOW! I dont think I've ever seen such a clean window. My window had alot of grimey streaks and runs on it from the tint shop. Whatever they used as a lubricant for the tint made a mess of my windshield where it dripped down and ran down the window. I haven't been able to get that off with anything. Glass cleaner, vinegar, alcohol, etc. The brilliant glaze either took it off, or covered it up really well lol. 

I'll know for sure if it's gone on the first cold morning when the windows are fogged. That's when I can see that haze the best. Hopefully its gone!

BR

It's an awesome product hack and one of, if not the, favorites of mine. BG has some solvents so it's possible the residue was removed by it. Guess we'll see!

17 minutes ago, Black Rogue said:

BR

I know when it is time to do mine again when the oncoming headlights or sun starts to show some haze.  I usually get about 2 months between cleaning for the outside vehicles and 3 months for the garage queen.

If you really want to see the power of BG, try it on one of your mirrors in the house.  First, I never knew that cleaning a mirror could be so easy and then it never fogs up.