Customer Service 866.965.0400

Ceramic coating working temp range?

I've done coatings I was able to apply perfectly with a 95 degree ambient temp, and some that were hard to work with when it was 80 outside. I know cooler's always ideal. But I live in So Cal, and I'm a mobile detailer so I can't control the sun. Even out of direct sun light when the ambient temp is up there a lot of coatings can be really difficult if not impossible to work with. 

Edited by quebert

4 hours ago, quebert said:

I've done coatings I was able to apply perfectly with a 95 degree ambient temp, and some that were hard to work with when it was 80 outside. I know cooler's always ideal. But I live in So Cal, and I'm a mobile detailer so I can't control the sun. Even out of direct sun light when the ambient temp is up there a lot of coatings can be really difficult if not impossible to work with. 

The two things that I have found that affect the sealants, coatings and waxes the most are the Humidity and the Vehicles body temperature.  The humidity will generally increase the cure or flash time the higher it goes up, that is until you hit that panel that is hot because the sun is hitting it.   If you are working entirely outside, then I would recommend getting a canopy that you an put over the vehicle to keep the sun off it to keep the panel temp as consistent as possible.

I'd never do a coating in direct sun light, I've struggled with other coatings where I was in a garage with no sun light but an ambient temp of like 95. I'd love to offer Adam's coating to my customers but I'm going to have many days where the air temp will be extremely high. I'm wondering if this coating can handle that. I've tried others that would start to struggle at anything above 80. 

Our Paint and Wheel Coatings are going to be much easier to work with indoors, in a room-temperature-like environment - 60-75 degrees would be ideal. If working in very hot and humid weather, it will be more difficult to work with, and you will need to work in smaller areas at a time. As a mobile detailer, have you looked into our Ceramic Spray Coating? It's more forgiving and easier to work with, just not as durable our our Paint Coating Kit. Expect around 6 months of protection per application rather than 1-2 years. 4 hour cure-time vs. 24 hours as well!

https://adamspolishes.com/collections/ceramic-spray-coating/products/ceramic-spray-coating