Customer Service 866.965.0400

Towels and CSC

Rb1274

Question

11 answers to this question

15 hours ago, Rb1274 said:

What happens to micro fibers after using CSC?  Are they toast or can you keep young them?

If you soak them immediately they will be fine to use again on non-paint surface tasks.  However, if the CSC dries on them, then they are still good for engine bays, exhaust tips and such.

(Edited) to add Adam's recommended use model.

Edited by RayS

1 minute ago, falcaineer said:

No, they're good to reuse after a wash. It has silica, but not close to the amount of a coating and doesn't cure the same.

Awesome thanks.  I used a double soft towel to wipe the ceramic boost.  Washed immediately after.  I assumed it was different but never thought to get a second opinion to be sure. 

On 10/11/2019 at 6:20 AM, RayS said:

If you soak them immediately they will be fine to use again on non-paint surface tasks.  However, if the CSC dries on them, then they are still good for engine bays, exhaust tips and such.

(Edited) to add Adam's recommended use model.

Using CSC can get expensive if you have to use a NEW MF towel every time you use the product. Is this the ONLY product like this or are there others?

On 10/11/2019 at 9:43 AM, falcaineer said:

Adam's recommends that if you do wash and reuse them, save for a more menial job like engine bays, door jams, etc. Do not reintroduce to paint.

My door jams are painted. But you're saying it is okay to use on this paint?

Hey Sarge, I agree,  when i did my CSC i never used any MF towels.  I only used the double soft MF towel on the ceramic boost phase(optional after the coating).  

For my actual CSC I used the microfiber block applicator and suede removal towels (recommended here on the forum).  They were cheap and disposable.... especially compared to the actual towels. 

Hopefully I'm not confusing your question, but i think the caution is using any applicator, used to add or remove the actual coating process material, again on the paint as it will crystallize and end up scratching any paint. 

By the way.... I'm an amateur just like you. 😁

3 minutes ago, stalebreadjr said:

Hey Sarge, I agree,  when i did my CSC i never used any MF towels.  I only used the double soft MF towel on the ceramic boost phase(optional after the coating).  

For my actual CSC I used the microfiber block applicator and suede removal towels (recommended here on the forum).  They were cheap and disposable.... especially compared to the actual towels. 

Hopefully I'm not confusing your question, but i think the caution is using any applicator, used to add or remove the actual coating process material, again on the paint as it will crystallize and end up scratching any paint. 

By the way.... I'm an amateur just like you. 😁

Thanks. I didn't even think about that. But you are right, I too used a MF applicator as well. I used single soft and the new plush waffle to remove after application. I threw the MF Applicator in the trash. But I washed my MF Towels and had planned to use them again. That is until I read this thread.

But from the responses I read this as MF towels. So I'll be interested in seeing @RayS and @falcaineer  response to see if they meant MF Applicators or MF Towels used to remove haze.

18 hours ago, SgtLip said:

Thanks. I didn't even think about that. But you are right, I too used a MF applicator as well. I used single soft and the new plush waffle to remove after application. I threw the MF Applicator in the trash. But I washed my MF Towels and had planned to use them again. That is until I read this thread.

But from the responses I read this as MF towels. So I'll be interested in seeing @RayS and @falcaineer  response to see if they meant MF Applicators or MF Towels used to remove haze.

The Suede towels are the best option and recommended option for the removal of to CSC after it has rainbowed.  The application of the CSC is with the gray applicators, I even added a picture and comments of how I use the gray applicator with CSC on this thread - please remember to always use gloves.

I do not trash the gray applicators right away, since they have other uses before they are completely wasted. The corners of them are great for getting between the rubber seal around the hood and trunk when cleaning vehicles, especially all the old ones I do.  You can also use them on the underside of the front valance and rear bumper and trailer hitch.  Finally, they can be used on the engine bay for the hard to reach places or the places you don't want to actually get wet.

As for the borderless gray towels that I have used to remove the CSC, they immediately go into a soak bucket and then they go into the non-body side.  There are so many places that I used the borderless gray towels, between the wheels, wheel wells, mud flaps, air dam, exhaust tips and a few other places where I do not want to use a good towel just because of the ground in grime, snags and the chance of oil or grease that the second-tier towels are used.   I also have third-tier towels, which are the ones that are near time for the trash, these are used for engine bays, suspension parts and the like.

The first and second tier towels are wash separately and stored separately.  The third tier towels get washed in a bucket and stored in a pile.  While it should be obvious, I'll state it for the record, that you should check and inspect each towel after use before they are washed to make sure there is no contamination.  They should also be checked after the wash to make sure they came out clean.

Edited by RayS