Customer Service 866.965.0400

Confused about glass car products

FrontRanger

Question

I'm hoping y'all can sort me out on glass care.

I currently clean my cars' windows with Adam's spray glass cleaner (the green stuff) using Adam's green glass MF cloth. I then buff the insides of the windows with Brilliant Glaze. I'm happy with that combo for the inside of the windows, but I'm somewhat overwhelmed by all the other glass car options/treatments.

Would the next step be to treat the outside of the windows with Adam's Glass Sealant and then refresh with Adam's Glass Boost?

19 answers to this question

49 minutes ago, FrontRanger said:

I currently clean my cars' windows with Adam's spray glass cleaner (the green stuff) using Adam's green glass MF cloth. I then buff the insides of the windows with Brilliant Glaze. I'm happy with that combo for the inside of the windows, but I'm somewhat overwhelmed by all the other glass car options/treatments.

Would the next step be to treat the outside of the windows with Adam's Glass Sealant and then refresh with Adam's Glass Boost?

That is an excellent plan,  I absolutely love the sealant and boost combo

4 minutes ago, Nickfire20 said:

That is an excellent plan,  I absolutely love the sealant and boost combo

@Nickfire20 What if you are using Ceramic? I just applied the Ceramic Spray Coating yesterday and Ceramic Boost this morning. 

Path forward what would you recommend? Stick to Ceramic products or go the path above?

I would maintain with CWW,  I feel like boost is a little too streaky on windows,  certainly worth experimenting with though.

I personally like playing around with different combos,  I’m actually about to put Glass Boost on my one windshield that has Spray Coating on it,  and just see what happens,  we have a good bit of rain coming here in the next week.

56 minutes ago, Nickfire20 said:

I would maintain with CWW,  I feel like boost is a little too streaky on windows,  certainly worth experimenting with though.

I personally like playing around with different combos,  I’m actually about to put Glass Boost on my one windshield that has Spray Coating on it,  and just see what happens,  we have a good bit of rain coming here in the next week.

Sounds like a plan, CWW it is. I purchased the 64 ounce with a 12 ounce bottle. I also have a 8 ounce bottle from a Mystery Box. So I have plenty.

Thanks Nick. I appreciate your help with this and the other thread.

2 hours ago, FrontRanger said:

The next and best step would be Ceramic Wipes, instead of Sealant.

https://adamspolishes.com/collections/ceramic-coating-wipes/products/ceramic-glass-coating-wipes

2 hours ago, FrontRanger said:

So, Glass Sealant maintained with Ceramic Waterless Wash?

Generally maintain Ceramic with Ceramic infused product 

and

Glass Sealant with Glass Boost (these don’t contain Sio2)

I play around with different options on my daily driver, to see what i like, or which one will or wont cause wiper chatter.

But the above is the proper, short , and simple answer.

I have various vehicles that use ceramic and non-ceramic options, as @Nickfire20 stated, if you are going with ceramic, stay with ceramic, otherwise stay with non-ceramic.

The windshields are all Glass Sealant with Glass boost applied every 2-3 weeks.  Once we know the right combination, tolerance and results of the new ceramic glass coating wipes, I'll get that applied to at least one of the vehicles.   

The exterior mirrors, get Glass boost only, I didn't care for the results of Glass Sealant on the mirrors, so I just go with Glass boost and it seems to work very well.  The inside windshield gets Brilliant Glaze and the other windows gets Adam's Glass Cleaner on the inside

The non-ceramic vehicles, get Spray Wax on the outside once they are cleaned with Adam's Glass Cleaner.  If it is right after a full wash, I just the Spray Wax as a drying aid on the windows, except the windshield.

The ceramic vehicles get Ceramic Boost once the windows are cleaned with Adam's Glass Cleaner.  When I am using Ceramic Boost as a drying aid, then I go over the windows at the same time that I'd doing the rest of the vehicle, except the windshield.

Don't forget to do your tail lights, marker lights and 3rd brake light if exterior with the same products being used on the windows.  

20 minutes ago, RayS said:

The inside windshield gets Brilliant Glaze and the other windows gets Adam's Glass Cleaner on the inside

Just curious, why not put Brilliant Glaze on all of the interior windows? Not the back window? I was thinking its so hard to reach and clean the Brilliant Glaze would be a plus.

25 minutes ago, SgtLip said:

Just curious, why not put Brilliant Glaze on all of the interior windows? Not the back window? I was thinking its so hard to reach and clean the Brilliant Glaze would be a plus.

Excluding the windshield, all the other windows are tinted to maximum allowed by South Carolina law and I didn't like the way they came out with BG applied to them.   After a couple of attempts and the many vehicles that have extra tint, usually applied by whoever and wherever, that I was better off sticking to the windshield since knew that there was nothing negative going to happen.

3 minutes ago, RayS said:

Excluding the windshield, all the other windows are tinted to maximum allowed by South Carolina law and I didn't like the way they came out with BG applied to them.   After a couple of attempts and the many vehicles that have extra tint, usually applied by whoever and wherever, that I was better off sticking to the windshield since knew that there was nothing negative going to happen.

Very good reason. I totally understand. Since all of my windows are factory tinted, I'm pretty sure I won't need to add more tint. 

14 hours ago, SgtLip said:

Very good reason. I totally understand. Since all of my windows are factory tinted, I'm pretty sure I won't need to add more tint. 

I usually make the appointment for the "maximum allowed" tint installation as soon as I know when a new vehicle will arrive.  I had to wait almost 2 weeks when we bought our Accord and I hated it without tint.  😎

Here in the Sunshine State the extra tint helps the inside of the car stay cooler and reduces the fading of interior surfaces.  Your new whip will probably be in the garage most of time, so it may not impact you that much.   

Edited by mc2hill