Customer Service 866.965.0400

Vinyl bumper

Grady A Prichard

Question

2 answers to this question

First off Welcome Grady!

Any of Adam's polishes can be used on a car bumper.  Which polish and pad combination will depend on the severity of the defect, and remember to use the least aggressive method first. 

On modern car bumpers you need to be mindful of getting one area too hot.  You can wrinkle the paint if too much heat is built up. 

Edited by mc2hill

Great input from mc2hill as always!

To follow up a little, what did grit of wet sanding did you finish down to? That can be one factor in what type of pad and either compound or polish you will need to start with to remove the wet sanding marks. Typically I like to finish down to 2,500 or 3,000 grit when wet sanding to make the surface easier to polish out.

Our Heavy Correcting Compound with a Microfiber Cutting Pad can take out 2,500 grit sanding marks quite easily, and then I will step down to an Orange Foam Pad with our color-coded orange Correcting Polish after that. If it's a darker color vehicle, then I will take it one step further and use our White Foam Pad with the white Finishing Polish. If it is a fresh re-paint, I would recommend waiting at least 30-60 days before putting on a sealant, wax, or ceramic coating for protection after the polishing steps.