Customer Service 866.965.0400

Dulled finish

brihvac

Question

On my ceramic coated Dodge Challenger I used ceramic waterless wash diluted with water to clean off some sap and surface dirt. I mixed about 4oz with 2 gal of water and used a detailing sponge and microfiber drying towel. To my surprise it dulled the finish some and lost some of it's slickness. Tomorrow I am going to spray it down with some Ceramic Boost and hopefully it will bring the shine back

Edited by brihvac

9 answers to this question

6 hours ago, falcaineer said:

The Ceramic Waterless isn't really meant to be diluted. Rinseless Wash, on the other hand, can be. Maybe that caused the issue?

I agree,  I would not have diluted that.  CWW by itself, is great for wipe downs, with the added protection.

On 10/18/2019 at 10:06 PM, falcaineer said:

The Ceramic Waterless isn't really meant to be diluted. Rinseless Wash, on the other hand, can be. Maybe that caused the issue?

On 10/19/2019 at 5:02 AM, Nickfire20 said:

I agree,  I would not have diluted that.  CWW by itself, is great for wipe downs, with the added protection.

Very common practice.

1 hour ago, brihvac said:

Very common practice.

Thanks, Brian. I don't know if it's a "very common" thing since Waterless Wash is made to be used without water. He basically uses it like a Rinseless Wash, which seems backwards/counterintuitive to me. But I've been wrong before so I just reached out to the lead chemist at Adam's to find out what may have happened...in short, since it's an RTU product, dilution isn't necessary nor recommended. In some cases, diluting products that aren't concentrates can cause them to become instable. This isn't a concentrate. In the end, it's hard to really tell what happened in your case, but the product developers said it shouldn't be diluted so I'll stick with the recommendation not to do so. I hope you can get the shine back easily! 😎🙂

1 hour ago, falcaineer said:

Thanks, Brian. I don't know if it's a "very common" thing since Waterless Wash is made to be used without water. He basically uses it like a Rinseless Wash, which seems backwards/counterintuitive to me. But I've been wrong before so I just reached out to the lead chemist at Adam's to find out what may have happened...in short, since it's an RTU product, dilution isn't necessary nor recommended. In some cases, diluting products that aren't concentrates can cause them to become instable. This isn't a concentrate. In the end, it's hard to really tell what happened in your case, but the product developers said it shouldn't be diluted so I'll stick with the recommendation not to do so. I hope you can get the shine back easily! 😎🙂

Oh, I have learned my lesson. I am not going to dilute it again. Just stating that on the Facebook detailing pages, and YouTube guys dilute it all the time. Brian at Apex Detailing is very respected in the field.

Edited by brihvac

10 minutes ago, brihvac said:

Oh, I have learned my lesson. I am not going to dilute it again. Just stating that on the Facebook detailing pages, and YouTube guys dilute it all the time. Brian at Apex Detailing is very respected in the field.

Don't get me wrong, Brian, I know he is, I've enjoyed watching some of his videos. And I'm not on FB for a variety of reasons. Still, I was curious so went straight to the source...just passing along what I learned in the hopes of helping.

Anytime you have a question, please keep asking - I can go straight to the development team, as can several of the mods.

13 minutes ago, falcaineer said:

Don't get me wrong, Brian, I know he is, I've enjoyed watching some of his videos. And I'm not on FB for a variety of reasons. Still, I was curious so went straight to the source...just passing along what I learned in the hopes of helping.

Anytime you have a question, please keep asking - I can go straight to the development team, as can several of the mods.

Ceramic Boost brought it back. I will keep that in mind if I have future questions.

18 minutes ago, brihvac said:

Ceramic Boost brought it back. I will keep that in mind if I have future questions.

Glad to hear the CB took care of it for you.   You question on the forum will also help others learn about a which ones can and which shouldn't be diluted.