Customer Service 866.965.0400

Opinions on the new Adams Vacuum

Just got mine.  Gotta say, this thing has some good suction!   Reading some of these posts I wasn't expecting it to do much,  but I am definitely impressed.  Great little vacuum for the car.  Going to have to jerry rig something on casters for it because it's all tin, steel, aluminum, whatever and will definitely rust if the bottom gets wet. Won't fit in the bucket caddy.  But not any issue for me.  Only thing I was slightly disappointed in was that none of the attachments fit on the silver extension.  You would think they would, but they don't.  But all in all, I'm real happy with it for what I want to use it for.  

I didn't mean to create an overly negative summary of the vacuum.  I definitely use mine, and I love the look of it.

I would have loved to have been known of Adams back when they offered their blower, that also vacuumed.  I've just read about it, but I think that would have been more to my liking.

• 3 weeks later...

I just received my vacuum as a “gift”.  I see a few people said it doesn’t have much suction.   I was using one that plugged into the cigarette lighter...i know that type of

vacuum is  definitely crap..... But this barrel vacuum has pretty darn good suction.  I think it is a good value.  The hose is much more heavy duty than I expected as well.  Nice product to add to my collection.  
 Wheels would have been a good idea..but shouldn’t stop you from purchasing it. 

I would agree with everything you said.  I use it on one side of my truck, and I have a small Stihl vacuum I use on the other.  I have nothing to complain about.  The missing wheels was just a head scratcher for me.  It would seem an obvious part to a vacuum like this.

Love Adams.

I think for the price it's probably decent, I think some people here just expect too much lol. It's not going to suck like my Vac-N-Blo, but I would never expect it to. It probably won't even suck as well as the one I bought at Home Depot, but that was twice the price, so again I wouldn't expect it to.

No wheels does suck, someone said it hangs off by about an inch around. Stupid idea probably, but since it's not that much bigger why couldn't you just Gorilla Glue a bucket caddy to it? I realize this would be a rig job, but it might work. *shrug*

On 10/25/2019 at 11:12 AM, BWW said:

I know that pricing and such varies by area, and that would make this request a little more difficult.

But I'm limited in the amount of time I can work a day.  But what I have found, is that I enjoy detailing, and if I started a detailing shop, I could schedule based on my current health.

I wish that in video, or written form, Adams could produce a general guide to opening a detailing shop.  What basic services to offer, the general cost of each ( or the typical amount of time to spend on each task), what chemicals are used the most.  Any tips and tricks that a professional should know or be aware of.  It can't be rocket science, lots of people offer the services.  But a general guide with what to stock and what to offer at what price would perhaps give me the confidence to launch a small business that would add some needed income.  Meanwhile, I could stock a few Adams products to offer to potential clients.

I know this is bit older of a post. If you search my history you’ll find that I have been very candid in my experience with going from hobbyist to business. 

The problem with the information you seek is that it varies by your own service. You need to evaluate your process and what you need to make on individual jobs and as a company. The answer most likely is that it takes significantly more money than you’ll anticipate to do it successfully. Also a business owner, you may find yourself making hard decisions about what products to use for a multitude of reasons. The answer does not exist within a single product line or supplier. Sometimes you owe it to your business and yourself to look at other avenues. 

Are you aiming to be a detailer?  Or a car wash?  They’re two different services. What clients are you trying to attract?

I will say that product sales aren’t where you make money as a detailer. You’ll make a few dollars, but the general profit margin isn’t always worth the return, particularly as it applies to stocking products and having them sit. 

If you’d like more information you’re welcome to ask me in private message, reply here or even start a new thread on the topic with your questions and I’m happy to answer. Just tag me so I see it please. 

On 10/23/2019 at 4:04 PM, camaro2ssblack said:

I think with the recently released pressure washer and now the vacuum, it's pretty clear that the tools are going the cheap route.

That's what happen when an investment company takes over. Profits over quality.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
On 10/24/2019 at 11:38 AM, Dan@Adams said:

Unfortunately we have never offered microfiber towels made in the USA, because there are no manufacturers of microfiber here. Some of our older towels that may have had a cardboard stock card on the towel bag may have had a small US Flag logo, but would not have stated Made in the USA like all of our chemicals do. The last time I looked into it, the only two countries manufacturing microfiber towels were China and Korea. We source the best microfiber towels that we can find from Korea, since we started offering them many years back. All of our polishing towels are also the higher quality 70/30 blend vs an 80/20 blend of polyester and polyamide. 

I do understand the frustration with the vacuum. I agree that it would be much more versatile with wheels on it, and if the diameter of the vacuum was 1" narrower it would be perfect for the Bucket Caddy. I will pass along these suggestions to the Product Development Team. My Barrel Vacuum showed up with a very slight bend in the lid portion too, but I did hear the delivery person slam the box down onto my porch :( I will suggest to see if we could have them shipped in a slightly larger box with more foam material as well. I was able to carefully bend the lid back on mine and it operates with no issues, but if you are experiencing any problems or are not satisfied with yours, please let us know and we will make things right!

I am satisfied with the vacuum with the exception of one thing: the power button sticks and will never turn off. I contacted Adams and their suggested fix did not work.( have never returned any of the Adams products I have acquired because they are all so darn good ) though I thought about returning it but it was too much of a pain to do so.  like others, I would have paid more for a better quality product.