Customer Service 866.965.0400

Spray Wax on Top of Patriot

TR6speed

Question

I have a big Corvette and Chevy show on Saturday.  I have been getting the car ready for the past few day and after wash, clay and polish  I applied a coat of Brilliant Glaze followed with Patriot Wax.  My question is can I apply the spray wax once I am at the show to give it that extra pop plus it will help remove any thing picked up on the drive to the show. 

5 answers to this question

2 hours ago, TR6speed said:

Thanks, so tomorrow I will wipe it down with my waterless wash and then add the BG.  Then when I get to the show I will apply the Spray wax for the extra pop and remove any thing picked up on the drive over to Plant City for the show.

I've done the Waterless Wash, followed by BG over Patriots a few times and it will take care of any road or trailer grime, plus really make the vehicle pop.  According to how your are transporting the vehicle, the WW is also very good to getting any bugs off the front.    If you want the tail lights and marker lights to really pop, I use Revive Hand Polish on them with a blue hex grip.

For the applying the BG, I like to use the Blue & Red Patriot's Wax applicators, I've found them much easier to grip and keep an even coat going.

Spray Wax isn't a cleaner like WW, so I wouldn't count on it to remove stuff that gets on the car during the drive. You can certainly apply it over the Patriot, but for a show, like other said above, I'd stick with WW to clean when you get there, then a quick coat of BG and call it good. But again, if Spray Wax is what you wan to do, it won't hurt a thing. It just won't clean.