Customer Service 866.965.0400

Another CPW to CSC Conversion

RayS

While I have converted two vehicles from Ceramic Paste Wax to Ceramic Spray Coating, I do not want anyone to think that I am not satisfied with CPW.  In fact, it was a very though decision to convert the two that have been done so far.  I believe CPW is one, if the not the best wax that I have ever used for classics and daily drivers.

As for the activity of the weekend.  While the wife and I originally planned on having her Terrain Denali professionally coated, after putting CSC on a couple of vehicles and seeing the outcome, we decided to do the Terrain.  Being the wife's vehicle, it was already in pristine condition and it is a garage queen.  After performing strip wash early this morning, and then started looking over the Terrain.  It was clean, but I decided that since I did not have the Swirl Killer when I originally polished it at the end of June when we got it, I decided to go with One Step Polish and brand new Orange Pads.

After doing the entire vehicle, it didn't have the luster that I wanted, so I pulled out the Finishing Polish and new Whilt Pads and went over the Terrain again and that gave it the look that I was after.   Then it was on the Surface Prep, followed by the CSC.  The entire vehicle was done with CSC from the roof, all the chrome, entire body and wheels. In case anyone has any doubt, the Denali has a ton of Chrome. 

Unfortunately, the rain came in late, so I didn't get to take any outdoor pictures, but I can assure the chrome will blind you.  In the second picture, you should be able to see my truck reflecting in the back of the mirror.  On Sunday, I'll do the interior and hit all the leather, dash and door panels with Leather Conditioner.

IMG_0557.JPG

IMG_0558.JPG

IMG_0559.JPG

IMG_0560.JPG

6 hours ago, tlbullet said:

@RayS looks great.  Whats your thought about maintaining it with CPW instead of removing it from your lineup?  

That is part of the plan for two of the CSC vehicles that I maintain and the other two will only be maintained with Ceramic Boost. Both sets will get regular washes, touch ups with Ceramic Waterless Wash and about a month washed with Wash + Coat.  I figure that will allow me to see which regiment keeps them looking better and having the underlying correction last longer.

1 hour ago, stalebreadjr said:

so, this peaked my interest....JR are you suggesting a CPW layer over the CSC periodically?  I wonder if anyone does that?

Based on the longevity that CPW gives, which on the Mustang is going on 10 months being a garage queen, I think topping the wife's garage queen that has CSC with CPW will keep it look good for a longer period of time.   However, before I experiment on her rig, I have another one that I can experiment on that was coated about 3 months ago and has had one Wash + Coat and one Ceramic Boost applied.  

As for your earlier comment about getting a SK, it is a game changer.  I knew I could do a good job on a vehicle with what I previously had to work with.  I was really shocked a how much having a modern piece of equipment could change the game.  The downfall is that since I got my SK 15, now I need (read want) to get the SK Mini.  I found that going between the chrome roof rails and moon roof was too tight for the SK 15, so I had to do those sections by hand.  I also had a few places on the front that were the same way and the Mini would have been ideal.  The kids needs a list of items for Christmas, since I do all their vehicles, including buying the chemicals for them. 

3 hours ago, stalebreadjr said:

so, this peaked my interest....JR are you suggesting a CPW layer over the CSC periodically?  I wonder if anyone does that?

@stalebreadjr -i thought I had responded to this..but dont see it......

anyway-I use CPW on my CC vehicles usually once or twice a year.  To my understanding it lengthens the longevity of the CC.  You could def do the same with CSC.  

58 minutes ago, RayS said:

The downfall is that since I got my SK 15, now I need (read want) to get the SK Mini.  I found that going between the chrome roof rails and moon roof was too tight for the SK 15, so I had to do those sections by hand.  I also had a few places on the front that were the same way and the Mini would have been ideal.

That was gonna be my follow up question, which one you had.  I could see where a mini would be useful.  So, SK 15 and Mini....on the list... :D .

2 minutes ago, tlbullet said:

I use CPW on my CC vehicles usually once or twice a year.  To my understanding it lengthens the longevity of the CC.  You could def do the same with CSC.  

OK.  I'm not sure why, but the thought just hadn't crossed my mind.  I just put the CSC on my truck, and I'm lining up the future care much like Ray is, Wash + Coat and Ceramic boost, maybe H2GG here or there and based on recent forum thoughts, CWW as a drying aid.  I'll have to add some CPW as an inbetweener.

16 hours ago, stalebreadjr said:

I just did my 2019 Ram with CSC with a layer of CLW with amazing results.  I too had previously just used the CLW on my truck, but wanted a better foundation of protection for the winter up here in ND.

12 minutes ago, nateeric said:

I just did my 2019 Ram with CSC with a layer of CLW with amazing results.  I too had previously just used the CLW on my truck, but wanted a better foundation of protection for the winter up here in ND.

Whats the projected longevity difference between CLW and CPw? If i ever finish my CPW id def try the CLw

Just now, tlbullet said:

Whats the projected longevity difference between CLW and CPw? If i ever finish my CPW id def try the CLw

As far as I know the properties of the two are the same, just different application style as far as a paste vs a liquid wax.  I bet a jar of CPW lasts longer than a bottle of CLW, I probably used a third of my bottle doing my truck.

I've used the regular spray wax, which I like for a quick wax.  When I'm going for a deep wax on the regular vehicles it is Americana, show cars  are Patriots and for everything else CPW.  There is something about laying down a paste wax, being able to see it properly applied and then hand buffing it to an impeccable shine. When I do any wax, it is entirely by hand, that is just my old-school way.   Here's a picture of the car and truck side by side, both are CSC and maybe I need to add CPW them.

IMG_0561.JPG