Customer Service 866.965.0400

Just registered

Felix

I've actually been using Adams products for about 2 years.  While I have polished our cars a few times (w/ buffer), I recently used the sealant with my buffer on a very slow speed.  I found the residue to be challenging to remove, used a new Adams polishing cloth and I didn't over apply the sealant - when it dried it was really stuck on.

What did I do wrong?

Thanks, 

Felix 

Welcome Felix!

I use Adam's Paint Sealant often, but I have never had an issue removing it.  Perhaps you put it on too thick?  You stated you applied with a buffer at low speed (I use it at about setting 2), which usually makes it go on thin.  I apply to a the whole vehicle, then remove, and have not had an problem removing it, even when the humidity and/or temps are high. 

I would have suggested spraying the tougher areas with Detail Spray or even to work a little more product in the areas, then wipe right  away.

Welcome to the forum! When you applied the Paint Sealant, did you apply it indoors or outside? What was the temperature?

Paint Sealant can be much more effort to remove if you are applying out in the sunlight, so I would recommend applying it in the shade or in the garage. Three drops on the gray foam pad should be enough to cover a door for example - apply it thin and light, with the polisher set to speed 1 or 2, as mc2hill mentioned. Do not use any downward pressure on the machine or pad when applying a sealant or wax. Simply let the weight of the machine apply the sealant evenly as you move the machine over the surface.

Paint Sealant will require a little more effort to remove than something like Buttery Wax, but it shouldn't be too bad. Paint Sealant is the one product of ours that I like to let it haze up on the surface a little longer than our other waxes and coatings, at around 5-10 minutes in most cases. Then remove it with a Single Soft, Double Soft, or Borderless Gray Towel. I fold the towel into fourths and use one side to do the initial removal of the sealant residue, then flip the towel over and thoroughly wipe over the area again - sometimes the first pass with the towel will smear the product some, and then going back over the area with a clean side of the towel will get things looking perfect. 

On 10/26/2019 at 9:27 PM, Felix said:

I've actually been using Adams products for about 2 years.  While I have polished our cars a few times (w/ buffer), I recently used the sealant with my buffer on a very slow speed.  I found the residue to be challenging to remove, used a new Adams polishing cloth and I didn't over apply the sealant - when it dried it was really stuck on.

What did I do wrong?

Thanks, 

Felix 

Felix, welcome,  any time you have stubborn wax, polish, or sealant, that is hard to remove you can use a spray wax to remoisten the product and it well help you remove product completely off. This process makes life easier.