Customer Service 866.965.0400

Winter prep/2 step correction

tlbullet

Im decided against wasting another minute watching the NY jets and decided to re-CC my wife’s SUV.   I have been trying to do this since May, but it just didnt happen.  
Here is a quick before shot of hood....really not happy about all the swirls (I previously corrected last spring then CC). 
43BA212E-DB5B-4F2E-8108-C4972E48A896.thumb.jpeg.6718cbb0033a192fe884159029feda0e.jpeg

Today I did the SW,  clay and 2 step Correction, hitting the heavier scratches with the MF pad and HCC as needed.  
 This pic is halfway through the hood with orange and correcting polish  AE6C86C0-0127-4FFB-A944-57F60999D72D.thumb.jpeg.f48bc1c14b6309b5813c632dd75860a9.jpeg

Completed the whole car with the white pad and FP.  After, generously used the Prep spray before following the proper steps for CC the entire vehicle. 
EE049CCC-419C-4B79-8BA8-F8A7F037A16D.thumb.jpeg.f31f87ecba49a77665424094c6f0080b.jpeg
    I will wait about 24 hrs before CB the entire car (may have to do it a little earlier).  

Anybody have any clues why The paint would hAve that many swirls???

I dry my cars with a cordless blower, use CWW and clean MF.  I also use the foam gun with each wash.  I use a separate ”wheels only” bucket and sponges/brushes.  I have a grit guard in my wash bucket..... I wash exterior MF separately using MFR.  Also have 2 coats of CPW on it as well.  

I couldn‘t possibly be missing anything????   i was just hoping that after installing CC last year, and more careful wash techniques I wouldn’t be doing this all over again a year later.🤷🏼‍♂️

Edited by tlbullet

In response to your swirls,  I foam twice, with a cannon, first time i let it dwell to get the gunk off, then rinse, then a second layer for when I hand wash.

I go in straights lines, flip, straight line, back to bucket.  I have a Tahoe and this doesn’t take more than 10 minutes to wash, of course prep and drying are totally different, even the wheels take more than 10min each.   But take the time during washing to get it right, no back and forths with your mitt/pad,  obviously no circles, you could also buy more pads, and only use each one once, that way a dirty pad doesn’t go back in your bucket and subsequently back on your car.

11 hours ago, tlbullet said:

I dry my cars with a cordless blower, use CWW and clean MF.  I also use the foam gun with each wash.  I use a separate ”wheels only” bucket and sponges/brushes.  I have a grit guard in my wash bucket..... I wash exterior MF separately using MFR.  Also have 2 coats of CPW on it as well.  

I couldn‘t possibly be missing anything????   i was just hoping that after installing CC last year, and more careful wash techniques I wouldn’t be doing this all over again a year later.🤷🏼‍♂️

What color is the SUV, and what make is it?  My black Nissan truck will swirl with a strong look and I have seen the same with black Inifiniti's.  Our 2017 Charcoal Accord is swirl-free since new and I do a Rinseless Wash on it every few weeks. 

Edited by mc2hill

12 minutes ago, mc2hill said:

What color is the SUV, and what make is it?  My black Nissan truck will swirl with a strong look and I have seen the same with black Inifiniti's.  Our 2017 Charcoal Accord is swirl-free since new and I do a Rinseless Wash on it every few weeks. 

17’ Acura MDX, i think its called black Pearl.   Funny thing is I never does RW on it...afraid to creat swirls...🤷🏼‍♂️

4 hours ago, tlbullet said:

17’ Acura MDX, i think its called black Pearl.   Funny thing is I never does RW on it...afraid to creat swirls...🤷🏼‍♂️

Usually black with swirl faster than other colors.  It may just be that you can see it easier, as the color is under the clearcoat, which should be same clearcoat that is used for other colors.  But it is usually the "softest" of paint colors, but is should correct easily.

19 minutes ago, mc2hill said:

Usually black with swirl faster than other colors.  It may just be that you can see it easier, as the color is under the clearcoat, which should be same clearcoat that is used for other colors.  But it is usually the "softest" of paint colors, but is should correct easily.

It corrected pretty easily.....just never buying a black car Again..EVeR !!

Stick with Red, they are much easier to maintain, that is unless there is a spec of dust on the wife's vehicle.  The wash mitt or sponge can make a difference in the number of marks you end up with.   I may be a bit over jealous when it comes to what touches the vehicles I maintain, but so far I have had good luck with the process.   I had posted in a different thread about what I use and how I take care of the washing products:

I hope some of the info on the link will help you and reduce some of the marring you ended up with along with the notes of the other members on technique.

Dry with a cordless blower? A cordless leaf blower? Air passing through that isn't filtered like it is when passing through Adam's Air Cannon. Any dust/dirt/debris that passes through a leaf blower is being sent directly to the water on the vehicle. You state you then wipe the surface down with the Ceramic Waterless Wash and a Microfiber Towel. You could very well be getting the marring on the paint from your wipe down.

1 hour ago, BRZN said:

Dry with a cordless blower? A cordless leaf blower? Air passing through that isn't filtered like it is when passing through Adam's Air Cannon. Any dust/dirt/debris that passes through a leaf blower is being sent directly to the water on the vehicle. You state you then wipe the surface down with the Ceramic Waterless Wash and a Microfiber Towel. You could very well be getting the marring on the paint from your wipe down.

@BRZN i use an E-go blower...unfiltered.  My car is CC, so by the time Im done using the blower there is Hardly any water left on surface....I can’t imagine that I would get that many swirls from that.  

Adams Cordless Air Canon would

be a great new product!! 

On 10/27/2019 at 11:22 PM, tlbullet said:

Anybody have any clues why The paint would hAve that many swirls???

Just leaving you my $.02 From everything else you'd mentioned My gut points towards your drying process and the leaf blower...

24 minutes ago, camaro2ssblack said:

Swirls are inevitable.  Anyone who says otherwise doesn't have dark paint where they are more easily seen.  You can't avoid them, you can only hope to limit them with good wash practices.  And ceramic coating the vehicle will not prevent them...

I knew CC wouldn’t prevent them, but I just thought it would limit/reduce the swirls more then it did.  Hey, it just means some

more time behind the SK..(aka therapy)!
 I may have to switch to CSC instead of the CC....wife is not happy when i told her the car had to sit for 24hrs😬.  

7 hours ago, tlbullet said:

I may have to switch to CSC instead of the CC....wife is not happy when i told her the car had to sit for 24hrs😬.  

My wife didn't have any complaints at all.  I was working away on her vehicle and she simply stated, no worries, I'll just take your truck to go shopping, :mad:, so I was left with no vehicle or money.

23 minutes ago, RayS said:

My wife didn't have any complaints at all.  I was working away on her vehicle and she simply stated, no worries, I'll just take your truck to go shopping, :mad:, so I was left with no vehicle or money.

Don't you just hate when that happens? Wives are always two thoughts ahead.

Edited by SgtLip

11 hours ago, Rich said:

JR.........do you have a wife?  A wife who maybe takes the car through the car wash and doesn't tell you?  That would explain a lot!  :lolsmack:

Lol...yes I do..and ZERO chance she took it to get washed in any matter at all, let alone  drive thru.. She even knows when the dealerships offer the “free” wash to make

sure she declines it.  (I went other day, the service rep looks at you like you have 3 heads...”decline a free wash??”.......”yes, dont make me explain” 😳)