Customer Service 866.965.0400

New Tire and Wheel Cleaner

So I got it today in my order and since I was washing the Nox anyhow, it couldn't have come at a better time.  Put the stuff on all four tires and wheels and let me tell you............this is IT!  Only ordered a 16oz bottle since I just wanted to try it out, now I wish I would have ordered the gallon. Next order.  Anyhow, I used about 1/2 the bottle for all 4 wheels, but man it did a great job.  

22 hours ago, Rich said:

So I got it today in my order and since I was washing the Nox anyhow, it couldn't have come at a better time.  Put the stuff on all four tires and wheels and let me tell you............this is IT!  Only ordered a 16oz bottle since I just wanted to try it out, now I wish I would have ordered the gallon. Next order.  Anyhow, I used about 1/2 the bottle for all 4 wheels, but man it did a great job.  

I noticed that the chemical is rather thick once sprayed (high viscosity), so it does not cover a lot of area. I also use 1/2 a bottle for my vehicle. I think the Wheel & Tire Cleaner spray nozzle should be upgraded. 

12 hours ago, Nickfire20 said:

I dumped mine in a spare foam cannon, 

Wow, SPARE foam cannon? I purchased one and it broke the bank. Of course it was the MTM PF22 FOAM CANNON $88.00 plus the Swiveling Sprayer and Wand (about $200 total).

But you bring up a question. Lets say I use Car Shampoo in my foam cannon. Next time I want to use Mega Foam. Is that okay? I rinse the container, (now that I think about it, not sure I've ever ran fresh clean water through the cannon to rinse the nozzle, hmmmm). But is it okay to run different products through the same foam cannon since I only have one? Is it okay to run Tire & Rubber Cleaner through the cannon and then Car Shampoo through the same cannon (rinsed out of course between products)? 

Edited by SgtLip

13 minutes ago, SgtLip said:

Wow, SPARE foam cannon? I purchased one and it broke the bank. Of course it was the MTM PF22 FOAM CANNON $88.00 plus the Swiveling Sprayer and Wand (about $200 total).

But you bring up a question. Lets say I use Car Shampoo in my foam cannon. Next time I want to use Mega Foam. Is that okay? I rinse the container, (now that I think about it, not sure I've ever ran fresh clean water through the cannon to rinse the nozzle, hmmmm). But is it okay to run different products through the same foam cannon since I only have one? Is it okay to run Tire & Rubber Cleaner through the cannon and then Car Shampoo through the same cannon (rinsed out of course between products)? 

You're perfectly fine running different soaps through the Foam Canon (be careful to completely rinse Strip Wash, of course). I do recommend you spray some clean water through to clean it out when you're done to clean the hose and nozzle. TRC isn't really a Foam Canon type product that I know of, but if you did use it, I'd recommend you rinse it thoroughly before using soap again.

2 hours ago, SgtLip said:

I'd say you will be ok doing that, just make sure you rinse it out thoroughly. Also, replace your foam cannon filter every 6 months.

9 hours ago, falcaineer said:

You're perfectly fine running different soaps through the Foam Canon (be careful to completely rinse Strip Wash, of course). I do recommend you spray some clean water through to clean it out when you're done to clean the hose and nozzle. TRC isn't really a Foam Canon type product that I know of, but if you did use it, I'd recommend you rinse it thoroughly before using soap again.

@falcaineer THANKS for the info. This will be helpful going forward.

7 hours ago, Amiguel6 said:

I'd say you will be ok doing that, just make sure you rinse it out thoroughly. Also, replace your foam cannon filter every 6 months.

@Amiguel6  Hmmmm, I wasn't aware there was a filter in my foam cannon. I've used it twice so far but I'll definitely check into it. THANKS

3 hours ago, SgtLip said:

Hmmmm, I wasn't aware there was a filter in my foam cannon. I've used it twice so far but I'll definitely check into it. THANKS

11 hours ago, Amiguel6 said:

Agreed...what filter?

Well I never. THANKS @GXPaycheck  and @Amiguel6 for bringing this to my attention. You guys ROCK!! :bravo:

12 hours ago, falcaineer said:

Agreed...what filter?

According to MTM, the waxes and polymers found in most soaps tend to clog the filter and thus why the filter must be replaced. They suggested every 6 months, and it's very inexpensive. If you wash Semi-monthly, I bet you could reduce it to changing the filter every year.

https://www.mtmhydroparts.com/products/foam-cannon-filter?_pos=2&_sid=5ee8268d1&_ss=r

2 hours ago, Amiguel6 said:

According to MTM, the waxes and polymers found in most soaps tend to clog the filter and thus why the filter must be replaced. They suggested every 6 months, and it's very inexpensive. If you wash Semi-monthly, I bet you could reduce it to changing the filter every year.

https://www.mtmhydroparts.com/products/foam-cannon-filter?_pos=2&_sid=5ee8268d1&_ss=r

Thanks for the link to the part. I was wondering where to find it. I was going to call Obsessed Garage (where I got the cannon) to see if they sold them. He is located about 35 minutes from my house. Ha Ha, No Shipping charges if I go buy it there.

Thanks for the link to the part. I was wondering where to find it. I was going to call Obsessed Garage (where I got the cannon) to see if they sold them. He is located about 35 minutes from my house. Ha Ha, No Shipping charges if I go buy it there.

I don't see it on the OG Web Shop, but I'd try calling them. They may have some extras.

9 hours ago, GXPaycheck said:

7 hours ago, Amiguel6 said:

Thanks! I don't have that make/model, but it's good info to have no less.