Customer Service 866.965.0400

New truck winter protection

Ironterp

Question

Picking up a new F250 this week and with winter coming obviously I'd like some protection via wax or sealant. The truck is a new build and just hit the lot two days ago. Is it ok to use a LSP? I know it's recommended not to right away with fresh paint from the body shop but I wasn't sure if new from the factory was different. Thanks

4 answers to this question

On 11/2/2019 at 5:51 AM, Ironterp said:

Picking up a new F250 this week and with winter coming obviously I'd like some protection via wax or sealant. The truck is a new build and just hit the lot two days ago. Is it ok to use a LSP? I know it's recommended not to right away with fresh paint from the body shop but I wasn't sure if new from the factory was different. Thanks

My father in law just bought an F150 and the dealership claimed that the paint was baked, which means it's ready for LSP.

If you're accepting input, I recommend getting into the Ceramics. Ceramic Spray Coating is amazing and easy to use.. Especially as a trial before you  commit to a full blown Ceramic Paint Coating.

By the way congrats on the truck!

On 11/2/2019 at 5:51 AM, Ironterp said:

Hi Webb, Welcome to the Forum.

My son-in-law got a F-150 at the beginning of August and one week later, I put CSC on it and it turned out very good.  Unfortunately, it isn't Red, so I won't say that it turned out great.  Here's the short write up that I did along with the some pictures.  If you have a tonneau cover, I did both ours shortly thereafter and have a thread on those if you are interested.    If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Edited by RayS