Customer Service 866.965.0400

H2G Question

bret

Question

Hey all! I got my wash kit yesterday and I’m pumped!! Couldn’t wait to try it out! So I washed my 6 week old GMC Sierra in about 42 degree weather. A couple of things, how cold is to cold to wash?  Also, in my excitement I used the H2 Gloss without peeping the truck in a sealant or wax. Did I hurt it doing so?  Thanks!!

5 answers to this question

32 degrees is too cold to wash.  As long as the water does not freeze, then I wash.

I am not sure what you are asking about the H2O Guard & Gloss, but it can be applied as a standalone product.  It does not have to have any wax or sealant under it.  That being said, some people do use it as a topper over Paint Sealant, but it is fine to use it by itself.

32 is too cold for me to wash, but if I have to, I use hot water.  Guard n Gloss can be used alone, it's great for an extra shine after detail too, but like Juan said......it does build up. So only use it every 4 washes or so.  Good tip about the wheels Juan. 

29 minutes ago, Black Bowtie said:

19 degrees and snowing here this morning. This is when I hit the coin op car wash and hand wash and hit the truck with H2G when drying once a month.

Ouch - 58 here and heading for near 70.  Unfortunately, the cold front is on the way and we're only expected to be 48 on Wednesday, which 10 degrees less than our normal January temps.