Customer Service 866.965.0400

Hard Water Spot - Help!

cskipgo

Question

Hello!  My daughter received a car from family and it has been sitting in sprinklers.  One side has pretty bad water spots and I can't seem to get them off. The car is a Hyundai Elantra

I used:

1)a clay bar

2)Finishing Polish

3)Correcting Polish

My guess is it might be etched.  Daughter says it isn't worth the effort, but I can't let it go. 

Should I try a heavier polish?

Sprayable Compound, One Step, or Heavy Correcting (or just figure that is as good as it gets?)

Thanks for any help!

IMG_2449.JPG

Edited by cskipgo

6 answers to this question

8 hours ago, falcaineer said:

It may very well be etched, and if so, polish or compound may not even work. But here's an article that may lend some more ideas first.

Thanks!  Couldn't get most of it off, went ahead.  It looks better and she is happy but I am kind of a perfectionist about it now.  Thank you for the advise!

7 hours ago, falcaineer said:

What else, if anything, did you try beyond the three things you mentioned?

I tried all four steps of the Removal Methods but not really in the order listed.  I used the detail spray with the clay and that wasn't effective.  I also tried Vinegar but no luck.  I used the Correcting Polish multiple times but it just was not coming off.  (It did get smoother though, but still visible)

1 hour ago, cskipgo said:

I tried all four steps of the Removal Methods but not really in the order listed.  I used the detail spray with the clay and that wasn't effective.  I also tried Vinegar but no luck.  I used the Correcting Polish multiple times but it just was not coming off.  (It did get smoother though, but still visible)

Can you catch your finger nail in any of them? If not I would use MF pad and HCC followed by Orange pad and CP.

Take your time and go slow with slight pressure on your machine on 5 or 6. 

On 11/11/2019 at 1:14 PM, Chris@Adams said:

Can you catch your finger nail in any of them? If not I would use MF pad and HCC followed by Orange pad and CP.

Take your time and go slow with slight pressure on your machine on 5 or 6. 

Yes, it felt rough in some areas to the touch.  I will give that a shot also when I can get the car back for awhile.  Thank you!

Edited by cskipgo