Customer Service 866.965.0400

Ceramic coating -- did you ditch your pre-ceramic products?

Dkhazlett

Question

I applied the ceramic coating (not CSC) to my wife's car a few months ago, and my pickup over the weekend.  I know Adams has a full line of ceramic products and I ordered a 64oz bottle of Ceramic Boost today to replace what came with the kit and a mystery box bottle of the original CB I have.  Question: did you all replace your shampoo, waterless wash, etc., with the Ceramic line of products?  I have nearly full gallon bottles of Wash and Wax and Waterless Wash that I would like to use up and then replace with the Ceramic line.  If you happened to discard and replace, did you notice a difference?  Thanks!

6 answers to this question

I still have mine, and I used the W&W today on my Ceramic Spray coated car. It has protection derived from silica, not carnauba, so it works well with coatings. Wash & Coat has a lot more silica, but it does have less foam than other Adam's shampoos, and I prefer the scent of the W&W. As for waterless, I have pretty much switched to Ceramic Waterless. It's awesome! It adds so much shine it's incredible. But again, I do prefer the scent of the original WW.

If you want to make the switch, you could always try to trade on the Garage Sale forum. I'm sure people out there would love to have either one.

I have not replaced fully. I still really like Car Shampoo and Mega Foam... I also like Rinseless Wash alot, but I use Ceramic Waterless Wash very very often. It's one of my favorites. I use it as a waterless wash, I use it after a rinseless wash, and I use it as a drying aid after a normal bucket wash. 

You've got Ceramic Boost, and I would highly recommend Ceramic Waterless Wash, but I don't necessarily think it's vital for you to fully replace either of those products. Both are great and work well with ceramic coatings. All this to say, I don't think it's necessary to do a full discard and replace. 

Although, if are wanting to try out the new products, @falcaineer 's suggestion is a good one so you don't have to spend more money, just find somebody who is willing to do an even trade.

Not only have I not switched entirely, I need to reorder some of the non-ceramic items.  So far, I have 4 vehicles done with the ceramic line and five others that I maintain that are non-ceramic.  That doesn't even count on the ones that show up from time to time.  

Also, there are plenty of non-vehicle uses for the non-ceramic products from washing vinyl fences, siding, screen rooms, appliances, etc., plus picking up quick wash jobs from the neighbors, coworkers and friends.