Customer Service 866.965.0400

Windshield etch

tomzcam

Question

After the last snow storm I washed my car yet couldn't get the windshield clean from wiper fluid or the mag they put down on the street. It seemed like it etched it's way on the windshield. I've tried a lot of things with lots of elbow grease to clean it but it will not go away. is their a product to remove this from Adams?

Thanks

12 answers to this question

57 minutes ago, tomzcam said:

After the last snow storm I washed my car yet couldn't get the windshield clean from wiper fluid or the mag they put down on the street. It seemed like it etched it's way on the windshield. I've tried a lot of things with lots of elbow grease to clean it but it will not go away. is their a product to remove this from Adams?

Thanks

Welcome Tom! First you might try a clay bar and detail spray. if that doesn't work, Try using a razor and hold it at an angle, spray the window down with glass cleaner and make sure there is plenty of lubrication. Go back and for and then cross hatch. I have done this for my windows with a coating I tried that wasn't very good, and it took it off with ease. After you're done, get a clean towel, spray the window with glass cleaner and wipe it clean.

Edited by ObsessedDetailer

2 hours ago, tomzcam said:

Thanks

Hi tom, and Welcome to the Forum!

I would recommend a clay bar also as @ObsessedDetailer suggested.

I also believe that @Chris@Adams has suggested using the orange Correcting Polish and an orange HexGrip Foam Applicator by hand to hand polish the glass. Chris please correct me if I'm wrong.

14 hours ago, DaleH said:

OK... I've got the Compound with the SK Micro kit but I only have the 1.5" pads.... How do the blue pads line up with the old pads?

Not sure I understand your question, but the new blue pads are the next gen of the old.

18 hours ago, falcaineer said:

Not sure I understand your question

We didn't have blue pads before, unless you count the layer under the microfiber... Orange, White, Black, and Red. Just wondering how the blue compares to orange.

15 hours ago, DaleH said:

We didn't have blue pads before, unless you count the layer under the microfiber... Orange, White, Black, and Red. Just wondering how the blue compares to orange.

Adam's had blue (waffle pattern) foam pads for the HCC - I don't have pics because I never used them. It has since been updated to a flat face, but still blue pad to correspond and color match with the new Compound.

The new blue foam pad is definitely more coarse/harder than the orange. If you want something comparable to the old orange foam, the new white foam pad is the one for you.

26 minutes ago, falcaineer said:

The new blue foam pad is definitely more coarse

Thank you sir! I don't remember ever seeing the blue waffle pads. Good to know how these new ones compare.

20 minutes ago, DaleH said:

Thank you sir! I don't remember ever seeing the blue waffle pads. Good to know how these new ones compare.

You bet! The new pads work really well and I'd highly recommend them 👍

The old blue ones were lighter blue and looked like this...

Screenshot_20191124-135111.thumb.png.cbce8bb9115bdd24c516d6a1c7f42737.png