Customer Service 866.965.0400

Black Friday 2019

TheWolf

On 12/1/2019 at 6:07 PM, John707 said:

Scored the sidekick blaster on Amazon for $79.99 + 20% off coupon amazon had going with free shipping. Also a 6 pack of the grey borderless towel pack for $28.79 + 20% off coupon on amazon. Good times!

I bought a sidekick today as well. The strange thing is that in my orders it shows a different unit. Not the Adams one but a black metrovac it looks like. Does yours also? Let me know and please post a pic when it arrives. Thanks sir!

10 hours ago, Nolesfan said:

I bought a sidekick today as well. The strange thing is that in my orders it shows a different unit. Not the Adams one but a black metrovac it looks like. Does yours also? Let me know and please post a pic when it arrives. Thanks sir!

Yes on my Amazon order page it was black but I just got mine a few days ago and it is indeed white with the long cord so I am set. Unfortunately fedex didn't handle it well and the air nozzle part where air flows out from was a bit dented up but not too bad. 

Tested it out and the tiny blower is very powerful...was actually shocked how much so lol.

5 minutes ago, John707 said:

Yes on my Amazon order page it was black but I just got mine a few days ago and it is indeed white with the long cord so I am set. Unfortunately fedex didn't handle it well and the air nozzle part where air flows out from was a bit dented up but not too bad. 

Tested it out and the tiny blower is very powerful...was actually shocked how much so lol.

Do you mind posting a picture?

I definitely recommend a sidekick. They're extremely powerful for their size and have several uses. If you have a small car or its coated you can essentially dry the whole car with one. Either way they're great for wheels and door jamb areas. I've also seen a video of using the cone attachment and blowing the water out of the water hose after you're done washing so your water hose doesn't freeze or get mold/mildew.

12 hours ago, Nolesfan said:

Do you mind posting a picture?

Sure no prob. Here is the one I received. It stopped raining this morning so I tested it out on my truck. I must say this small thing is super powerful...I'm blown away (no pun intended lol). I was a little worried due to some of the Amazon reviews but not anymore after real world testing. 

Now I don't think I'll dry my whole Truck but wheels and crevices are a must do...heck maybe even windows etc. Best purchase I've made this year besides my 2019 Tahoe. 👍😊

15758574261963580260022223578365.jpg

15758575891385137293302748558765.jpg

Edited by John707

Also I tested the two attachements...the long cone shaped verse the wider short attachement. The long cone shape is definitely my favorite...blows the air so much more powerfully. I'll probably never use the other attachement. I'm thinking the negative reviews on Amazon were using the short wide attachement which I noticed didn't really blow the air all too well but the long attachement was just crazy good.

Also had my 5 year old stand in front of me. She has long hair and I tested it on her...she had a blast and I got to see how powerful this thing was. Lol 

Edited by John707

You guys who are getting things delivered by FedEx broken or open are making me nervous.  My wife has a tv ordered for the grandkids for their Switch, and it's supposed to come on Tuesday.  HOPEFULLY it arrives in one piece and actually works. 

1 hour ago, John707 said:

Sure no prob. Here is the one I received. It stopped raining this morning so I tested it out on my truck. I must say this small thing is super powerful...I'm blown away (no pun intended lol). I was a little worried due to some of the Amazon reviews but not anymore after real world testing. 

Now I don't think I'll dry my whole Truck but wheels and crevices are a must do...heck maybe even windows etc. Best purchase I've made this year besides my 2019 Tahoe. 👍😊

15758574261963580260022223578365.jpg

15758575891385137293302748558765.jpg

1 hour ago, John707 said:

Also I tested the two attachements...the long cone shaped verse the wider short attachement. The long cone shape is definitely my favorite...blows the air so much more powerfully. I'll probably never use the other attachement. I'm thinking the negative reviews on Amazon were using the short wide attachement which I noticed didn't really blow the air all too well but the long attachement was just crazy good.

Also had my 5 year old stand in front of me. She has long hair and I tested it on her...she had a blast and I got to see how powerful this thing was. Lol 

1 hour ago, Nolesfan said:

I like it! Can’t wait to get mine. I had a gift card so it only ended up paying 35 or something for mine. For sure better than a hundred! Thanks for the pics!

At least you didn't make the same mistake I did. 🤦🏻‍♂️

9 hours ago, John707 said:

Hey John, I got my sidekick second hand and it didn't come with the fan attachment. I've been looking for one, but it doesn't seem like metrovac sells the attachments separately so I would have to order a whole new machine to get the attachment. Would you (or anybody) be willing to give that up?

13 hours ago, John707 said:

They are great little machines!  If you have large dogs, consider getting a couple of Metro Vac hoses so you can use it as a dog dryer - (They sell them this way for the grooming industry).  We use it on our 90 lb Yellow Lab, and it really helps get the water out of her coat.

6 hours ago, Yo-Yo Ma's Cousin said:

Hey John, I got my sidekick second hand and it didn't come with the fan attachment. I've been looking for one, but it doesn't seem like metrovac sells the attachments separately so I would have to order a whole new machine to get the attachment. Would you (or anybody) be willing to give that up?

The fan attachment doesn't work all that great. I personally like the cone attachment. I think i may have threw my fan attachment away, haha.

I have a metro-like device that is old and on its last legs, the place that I have found it it really work great is for the outside mirrors.  It is the one tool that has worked to get them to stop dripping.  Given the condition of my old one and the point that I take care of the kids vehicles, I put one in the Christmas wishlist for  the kids and they are pretty good at reading the hints, knowing it benefits them.

The hint may not be overly subtle since it states “needed for Spoiled’s Mustang and Rotten’s Evoque that Dad details”.

1 hour ago, RayS said:

I have a metro-like device that is old and on its last legs, the place that I have found it it really work great is for the outside mirrors.  It is the one tool that has worked to get them to stop dripping.  Given the condition of my old one and the point that I take care of the kids vehicles, I put one in the Christmas wishlist for  the kids and they are pretty good at reading the hints, knowing it benefits them.

The hint may not be overly subtle since it states “needed for Spoiled’s Mustang and Rotten’s Evoque that Dad details”.

Would it help if I added my stamp of approval for Mary? 😉😃

On 12/9/2019 at 3:37 AM, Yo-Yo Ma's Cousin said:

Hi Yo-Yo. I plan on holding onto the attachment but if anything changes I will let you know. 

On 12/9/2019 at 6:37 AM, Yo-Yo Ma's Cousin said:

Maybe ask on the Garage Sale Forum.  You might have better luck on there.  

On 12/9/2019 at 6:37 AM, Yo-Yo Ma's Cousin said:

Juan, send me a PM to help remember to look for mine.  I have never used it.