Customer Service 866.965.0400

Wash process for spray ceramic coated vehicle

Zach5.9CTD

Question

Hey guys i have my first coated vehicle customer coming in tomorrow for a wash and ceramic boost treatment. Just wondering what the best process is for washing a coated vehicle etc and what all needs to be done.  Do i need to clay a ceramic coated vehicle?  Whats best wash to use (dont own ceramic wash)  what do i need to be careful of that may weaken or remove the coating?  

5 answers to this question

14 minutes ago, Zach5.9CTD said:

Hey guys i have my first coated vehicle customer coming in tomorrow for a wash and ceramic boost treatment. Just wondering what the best process is for washing a coated vehicle etc and what all needs to be done.  Do i need to clay a ceramic coated vehicle?  Whats best wash to use (dont own ceramic wash)  what do i need to be careful of that may weaken or remove the coating?  

Unless it's been months or is really nasty, claying isn't necessary (fine grade when necessary). Just wash as normal with any of the Shampoos you have handy (Wash & Coat or Wash & Wax will serve to boost it), get it clean, then use Ceramic Boost to top it off (once a month). The only thing in your arsenal that will weaken the coating is polish, so you're good to go!

Not sure why you'd want or need to clay if you have it coated.  I have the CSC on my rides and I just used the foam gun and normal soap and a two bucket wash before I got the Ceramic Wash.   I use the Ceramic Wash now, and suggest you get some.  Ceramic Boost keeps it up and looking great.

As mentioned above, any of the Car Shampoos will be fine. The Ceramic infused ones would be better to maintain the coating, but not necessary. I'll clay my Ceramic coated vehicles every six months, then apply Ceramic Spray Coating. Do a baggie test after you've washed it to find if any embedded contaminates remain. The clay may lessen the coating slightly, however the Ceramic Boost should put back most all you'd have removed. Mechanical action, not chemicals is required to remove ceramic coatings.

2 hours ago, Zach5.9CTD said:

Ok so next question. She said i had unseen water spots i coated into the front windsheild. Whats the best method to remove the coating from the windshield and remove the water spots. 

The new Compound and matching blue foam pad work wonders on glass and should also remove the CSC and subsequently the water spots without issue.