Customer Service 866.965.0400

Paint sealant

Tkitch92

Question

7 hours ago, slagathor said:

Does the Paint Sealant need time to cure after buffing off the vehicle? I just want to know how long I have to wait before I apply H2O G&G. 

No, you can apply HGG right after. Then about once a month, or every 3-4 washes.

Paint sealant is pretty flexible in temperature and time. Apply to the entire car. Then remove the entire car in the same order.  You want it to bond and giving it time as you do the car gives it times to do so. 

If applying by machine, use a no cut pad and low speed with light pressure. 

Thanks guys

I applied it after doing a quick waterless wash. I hope there was a good bond. I just didn't have time to wash strip clay etc. Though I did clay it about two weeks before I sealed it. Hand applied paint sealant and we got some rain today and man did it bead up pretty good. So I'm sure the sealant worked well. 

IMG_20191126_204858.jpg

4 minutes ago, Tkitch92 said:

Do you prefer the older version of h2o or the new one? As I have both and have not tried the new one. 

3 minutes ago, Tkitch92 said:

I plan on using the old up first unless the new h2o is significantly better

I love the old, especially the smell, and you'll be just fine using it. I haven't used the new one yet, but the honey dew smell is not a personal favorite. The formula was completely redone to include acrylic, carnauba and silica, and it can be used as either a wet or dry application. 

2 hours ago, falcaineer said:

I love the old, especially the smell, and you'll be just fine using it. I haven't used the new one yet, but the honey dew smell is not a personal favorite. The formula was completely redone to include acrylic, carnauba and silica, and it can be used as either a wet or dry application. 

I thought the old version could be used as a wet or dry method also???

6 hours ago, Tkitch92 said:

I thought the old version could be used as a wet or dry method also???

Sorry, I meant completely dry, as in no water needed. The old needed water, or at least a wet towel, to be applied correctly. The new Hybrid version can be sprayed on and wiped off without the need for water being introduced in the process.

7 hours ago, falcaineer said:

Sorry, I meant completely dry, as in no water needed. The old needed water, or at least a wet towel, to be applied correctly. The new Hybrid version can be sprayed on and wiped off without the need for water being introduced in the process.

Well seems like the new would be much much easier to apply. Thanks

On 3/6/2020 at 2:31 PM, slagathor said:

Does the Paint Sealant need time to cure after buffing off the vehicle? I just want to know how long I have to wait before I apply H2O G&G. 

After buffing the Paint Sealant residue off of the vehicle, we like to recommend waiting at least 30 minutes to 1 hour of cure time afterward before you would apply any product like H2O Guard on top of it 🙂

3 hours ago, Dan@Adams said:

After buffing the Paint Sealant residue off of the vehicle, we like to recommend waiting at least 30 minutes to 1 hour of cure time afterward before you would apply any product like H2O Guard on top of it 🙂

News to me, Dan, thanks!