Customer Service 866.965.0400

Adams, you guys have any plans to release a 64 or 128oz surface prep?

1 hour ago, quebert said:

Gonna be trying the new UV coating kit soon, I detail cars on the side and am curious if there might ever be a bigger bottle of surface prep available. If the durability claims hold up this would be a phenomenal coating for detailers to offer their customers. 

Offering coatings to your clients isn’t a bad idea at all. But be forthcoming in the differences between consumer grade, prosumer and true professional grade coatings. There are definitely differences. 

1 hour ago, shane@detailedreflections said:

Offering coatings to your clients isn’t a bad idea at all. But be forthcoming in the differences between consumer grade, prosumer and true professional grade coatings. There are definitely differences. 

well I'm not certified with any manufacturer so all I can offer is what's available to anyone. I definitely explain the differences now, especially the price difference lol. Based on the specs of adam's new UV coating, I'd consider at least close to the level of a professional grade coating. They claim 5+ years, there are only 2 consumer (prosumer) offerings I've found that say they last 5 years. One of them's over 3x the price, and the other close to double, and it requires 2 products layered. So that's a lot more time invested too. This could end up being one of the best non pro coatings out there. I absolutely don't think I'd push it to potential customers as a 5+ year coating. Too many variables to factor in. But telling them even half that would make a solid offering still.  Well, maybe with a quarterly maintenance package I could say 3-5 years. Which is stellar.  The current coating I offer's 18-24 months probably but a lot closer to 18. That's good, but this should blow that out the water easy.

This is new new, so I can't comment on any of it's properties until I see some reviews, and use it on my car so I can monitor it. I'm really curious about how it compares with beading and if it has good self cleaning abilities.  I've tried a bunch of coatings, and I'm sure like all of them this will have things I like and things I'm meh about.  I can't be mad at the price though. And the UV thing, which not something I'd need to use. Could probably be a tactic to wow my customers. People out here seem to love stuff they don't fully understand, but think must be something high tech lol.

"watch when I turn this blacklight on, you can actually see the UV protection" <- me
"woah" <- them

Edited by quebert

2 hours ago, quebert said:

Could probably be a tactic to wow my customers

Absolutely. Especially since it proves that you did your job. Can't wait to hear the feedback on the coatings.

16 minutes ago, DaleH said:

Absolutely. Especially since it proves that you did your job. Can't wait to hear the feedback on the coatings.

Damn I didn't even think of that, yeah that would be a perfect way to show a customer what I did. As it won't be cured until long after I'm gone I couldn't do a proper water beading test while I was still around.

2 hours ago, quebert said:

And the UV thing, which not something I'd need to use.

You might be surprised! I was. I've seen people use this who have done many, many coatings...then the light was used and guess what? Missed spots. It's more convenient than you may realize. My two cents. But it's a great point about showing your customers, I'll use that in the future.

I think my point was missed a bit. The consumer, prosumer, professional comment had nothing to do with application. Application is an entirely different creature and discussion. 

My point was in terms of backing up durability claims with warranties and more about being up front about what products are being used. There are a lot of people offering ceramic coatings, but they don’t disclose which ones they are using. In our experience with ceramic coatings there is a difference between working with the different tiers of coatings. 

It’s simply something to think about having worked with many clients, different coatings and having done many ceramic coating installations. 

16 hours ago, quebert said:

Gonna be trying the new UV coating kit soon, I detail cars on the side and am curious if there might ever be a bigger bottle of surface prep available...

Back to your original question, I have asking for this for over a year.  Since it only comes in the small bottles I purchase prep spray in 1 liter or 1 gallon sizes from other vendors.

12 hours ago, mc2hill said:

Back to your original question, I have asking for this for over a year.  Since it only comes in the small bottles I purchase prep spray in 1 liter or 1 gallon sizes from other vendors.

Yeah, I won't be using their prep in it's current size. I'm an eco conscious detailer and with 4 or 8oz bottles, I'd be littering the earth with empties. I understands Adam's doesn't target pros, but they do offer things like Interior Detailer in a 5 gallon jug. Which would last even an extreme enthusiasts a decade lol.

10 hours ago, quebert said:

Yeah, I won't be using their prep in it's current size. I'm an eco conscious detailer and with 4 or 8oz bottles, I'd be littering the earth with empties. I understands Adam's doesn't target pros, but they do offer things like Interior Detailer in a 5 gallon jug. Which would last even an extreme enthusiasts a decade lol.

They do offer some different sizes (although not the sizes you’re specifically looking for) through the Pro-Line. If you’re a business and apply, you should be able to get approved for it. I know I had to provide a copy of my business license  as part of the process. 

But that unlocks some different quantities of product. I haven’t seen anything in there yet that are products limited to businesses on those accounts except for the pro grade coating which I’m not even sure if it’s out yet (they require training and all that). Being up front...we don’t plan to bring in their professional coating as the expense of certification doesn’t fill any gaps in our existing lineup. That’s not to say it’s not a great professional coating, but it would be redundant in our lifespans and we would be getting it “just to get it” and spending money needlessly without expanding our offerings. Maybe one day if they waive the training process being we are certified with other coatings, we would. 

But for a business, check out their wholesale program.