Customer Service 866.965.0400

Which compound

BluePoncho

Question

So with all the new polishes how to they compare.  Is the blue compound the new orange  correction polish. The  new system has me confused and I’m not sure what to order. Where does one step fit in to the mix.  And is one steps correction action controlled by the type of pad you use.  Thanks in advance. 

5 answers to this question

On 11/28/2019 at 11:03 AM, BluePoncho said:

So with all the new polishes how to they compare.  Is the blue compound the new orange  correction polish. The  new system has me confused and I’m not sure what to order. Where does one step fit in to the mix.  And is one steps correction action controlled by the type of pad you use.  Thanks in advance. 

The Blue compound replaces the CP & HCC it make the system from 3 steps to two steps.

The new Blue compound  has less dusting and it has a longer work time.

The new White Polish is similar to FP and is now body shop safe.

Hope this helps.

I answered a very similar question at the link below.

The One Step basically fits right in the middle of the Compound and Polish. It takes care of about 75% of what the combo of the 2-Step can do. Doesn't cut as well, doesn't finish as well, but it takes care of much of what most people want. Hope that makes sense.

Following up on the helpful 75% comment above, for the one step approach, is there any benefit to trying the one step polish with either the micro fiber pad or blue foam pad followed up by the one step pad or is more about the polish on something a little heavier then say spider webbing in the finish? I'm just trying to understand if there's any value in getting the extra pads if I don't have the blue compound.

Edited by Megayota

1 hour ago, Megayota said:

Following up on the helpful 75% comment above, for the one step approach, is there any benefit to trying the one step polish with either the micro fiber pad or blue foam pad followed up by the one step pad or is more about the polish on something a little heavier then say spider webbing in the finish? I'm just trying to understand if there's any value in getting the extra pads if I don't have the blue compound.

I've used One Step multiple times with good results and I've used the One Step Wool pad or an Orange Pad according to the needs of the vehicle.  What I have found is that in either case, going over the vehicle with Revive Hand Polish with the Blue Hex Grip pad afterwards gives it that extra shine.