Customer Service 866.965.0400

I hadnt ordered anything from Adams since July and noticed when I placed my BF order I was hit with TX state tax, TX special tax, and TX city tax.  I realize its probably some new law our state has passed hidden in some bill and not the doing of Adams.  Can anyone give me some insight?  Im kind of assuming its a tax based on "chemical" sales or something.

I guess I should clarify.  Texas residents didnt previously pay taxes on internet orders from out of state.  

Edited by dirtymarcus

Sounds like Texas got on the Pennsylvania wagon when it comes to taxes.  PA passed that law several years ago.  We pay 6% on everything except clothes and food. They even charge out of state vendors when they come to PA for car shows like the ones at Carlisle.  That's practically killed the midway from what it used to be.

You're correct, it's a new law that became effective in October implementing sales tax on online purchases for out of state sellers, etc. Here's an article for more info.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/kellyphillipserb/2019/10/02/new-sales-tax-rules-take-effective-this-week-in-more-than-a-dozen-states/

The sales tax advantage that we used to get for online ordering makes the local Chevy dealer or Adam's reseller all level from a price standpoint.  Of course, it is up to the Chevy or Local dealer to decide whether or not to honor any discounts from the web site.  In addition, the Chevy dealers don't carry all the stock, yet I have found it convenient when I only need a bottle or two of something vs paying the shipping on a small order.