Customer Service 866.965.0400

New to the forums, not Adam’s.

NoCrustGSX

Didn’t realize there was a forum, so based on the amount of threads here I might not be sleeping for a while. Anywho, I’m Andrew from Castle Rock, CO. Just got a decent size order over Black Friday. Came here trying to find some info. I love ordering mystery boxes because it tend to get and try things I probably wouldn’t normally order. Gonna do some research to find and answer but if someone wants to chime in that would be great. In my mystery boxes I received a ceramic spray coating and a ceramic paste wax. Which of these would go first? Spray coat and then wax? 

Here is my 1999 Eclipse GSX

36B76B66-3887-41E7-B5D4-479E15F95ADD.jpeg

4DAEE931-5A7D-47D4-831B-FC7299A3CB96.jpeg

916FC027-DF23-40A6-A277-4D2D2AF3974E.jpeg

8B3D002E-E1B1-4D2D-9C51-638ABD76B05C.jpeg

Hi Andrew, and Welcome!

Yes you are correct. You would want the Ceramic Spray Coating to be your base layer as it will bond with your clearcoat.

Make sure to take proper prep steps before the ceramic spray coating. You need to decontaminate with iron remover and clay bar, polish as desired, and use surface prep to remove anything that may be left on the paint to expose bare clearcoat/paint. Once you've done that you can apply ceramic spray coating. After the Ceramic spray coating cures, that's the time to apply Ceramic Paste Wax.

Welcome to the forum Andrew!  Check out all the forums and videos.  And once you have 50 good posts, you can trade some of the stuff from your mystery boxes that you can't use.  You can't sell any Adam's chemical products, but you can trade.  Glad to have you.  Nice ride!  :welcomebanner:

Welcome Andrew, nice looking ride.   I am an absolute fan on Ceramic Paste Wax and when the Ceramic Spray Coating came out it really upped the options.  The latest rendition of the Mustang was to remove the Ceramic Paste Wax that had been on it for 10 months and replace it with Ceramic Spray Coating and then after it sat overnight I went over it with Ceramic Paste Wax and then just to really make it pop for a couple of days, I hit it with Brilliant Glaze.  

With how your car looks in the picture, I tend to think it would look great and hold up well to the Vegas sun with CSC topped with CPW.

Thanks for all the responses. I went ahead the applied the spray ceramic yesterday and WOW! That stuff makes it looks like a mirror. Would it make sense to now apply the ceramic wax on top or would you just leave the ceramic spray coating? A little worried the wax might take away from the shine. 

On 12/9/2019 at 8:53 AM, NoCrustGSX said:

Thanks for all the responses. I went ahead the applied the spray ceramic yesterday and WOW! That stuff makes it looks like a mirror. Would it make sense to now apply the ceramic wax on top or would you just leave the ceramic spray coating? A little worried the wax might take away from the shine. 

You can absolutely apply the Ceramic Paste/Liquid Wax now. It will add even more incredible shine and extend the longevity of the coating.

Let's see some pics!!