Customer Service 866.965.0400

Anyone Try Tire Armor

SS LeadFoot

Question

8 answers to this question

21 hours ago, SS LeadFoot said:

On WeatherTech floor mates? I know some other products make it slippery was wondering if Tire Armor would do the same.

Please post how they turn out and if they are slick.  I have the Chevy and GM floor mats in the Colorado and Terrain and made the mistake of trying Tire Shire on the ones in the Colorado - Wow, did that ever make them slippery.   I did as @falcaineer noted and used Tire Cleaner to get it off.  They really looked great with Tire Shine, but it wasn't safe to drive the vehicle that way.

I actually just used the new tire shine on some rubber mats. I applied directly to the mats and spread with a foam applicator. Then I went back 5 minutes later and went over them with a microfiber towel to even it out some more and get into some of the hard to reach spots. I let them sit in the sun for about 30 minutes to dry before I put them back in the vehicle.

it had a similar effect to using VrT on trim. It basically just turned them from faded back to a dark lusterous black.

i didn’t take any pictures unfortunately. 

On 12/7/2019 at 9:26 PM, SS LeadFoot said:

I will give this a try. It will be a week or two. Any advice on how to apply the ceramic spray?

I first tried to spray it on the grey microfiber applicator pad and spread it on as if I was using it on paint but I didn't like the results. It was uneven and blotchy. I then switched to spraying several shots directly onto the mats and leveled it out with the applicator pad where necessary (it gathered up in corners of ridges, for example, and looked like it needed a little help on smooth surfaces). I allowed the mats to cure and they turned out great! Pics forthcoming in a separate write up.