Customer Service 866.965.0400

Mothers Power Cone + Product

galaxy

Question

So I picked up a set of used Mustang take offs. They have some miles. Not in horrible shape, but not as good as I would have preferred. Need some TLC. Trying to decide the best way to tackle these.  The face isn’t no problem, but thinking about a Mother’s PowerCone for all the dang nooks and crannies on these suckers.  They’re the factory powder coating, so it’s pretty hard.  Thinking the new compound or the one step may be the right tool for the job. Anyways, curious for recommendations on product and opinion on the power cone or some other tool....cause I’m sure as hell not doing all these by hand.  

5 answers to this question

Nothing wrong with the power cone at all.  Works well.  I've used it on other cars.  I would start with the One Step.  It's a good all around polish and removes light to moderate scratches.  Once you get them where you're happy, consider putting the Ceramic Wheel Coating on them to keep them looking great and easy to keep up.  

On 12/7/2019 at 10:28 AM, galaxy said:

So I picked up a set of used Mustang take offs. They have some miles. Not in horrible shape, but not as good as I would have preferred. Need some TLC. Trying to decide the best way to tackle these.  The face isn’t no problem, but thinking about a Mother’s PowerCone for all the dang nooks and crannies on these suckers.  They’re the factory powder coating, so it’s pretty hard.  Thinking the new compound or the one step may be the right tool for the job. Anyways, curious for recommendations on product and opinion on the power cone or some other tool....cause I’m sure as hell not doing all these by hand.  

I have done several Mustang wheels, based on the year or model range, GT vs LX, there  are options. If you post a couple picture, I maybe able to tell you what I tried and what worked and didn’t work.