Customer Service 866.965.0400

New formula for Tire Shine?

Anyone aware of a change to the formula for the tire shine? My bottle I have isn't very old, but it is bring yellow in color and fairly thick, almost like an egg nog consistency. I ordered a gallon and a 16oz on the black Friday sale and it is almost neon green in color and much runnier. Anyone know of a change to the formula for their tire shine or potentially a bad bottle? Sorry if this isn't the correct forum

The photo of the top of the bottles was taken immediately after shaking both up. The one on the left is the product I've had. It's pretty obvious how much it's sticking to the sides of the bottle more (that bottle is only half full)

IMG_20191209_205031.jpg

IMG_20191209_205037.jpg

• 1 month later...

Anyone who's used the new formula and can comment on durability I'm all ears. About to start up my detailing business again and want to go with Tire Armor for the higher end but want something mid level. I loved the look of the old Tire Shine I have, but it didn't last long enough for my needs. This one has my interest with the added Sio2. Adam's product page states 

long lasting results.

Sounds great but that's pretty vague to me. Looking for something I could get 3-4 weeks out of.

The updated TS is excellent, I really like it and it does indeed hold up very well!  It looks very similar to the older version but will hold up better in rain driving and even against the pressure washer and fender brush.  In fact even after scrubbing with the above and T&R cleaner, my tires still have a deep dark black matte look to them.  Of course every tire will be different.  The updated VRT is very similar and has blown me away with its water beading and longevity!  I think you will be very happy with both of these within your business.  Best of luck! 👍

6 hours ago, Nickfire20 said:

The updated TS is excellent, I really like it and it does indeed hold up very well!  It looks very similar to the older version but will hold up better in rain driving and even against the pressure washer and fender brush.  In fact even after scrubbing with the above and T&R cleaner, my tires still have a deep dark black matte look to them.  Of course every tire will be different.  The updated VRT is very similar and has blown me away with its water beading and longevity!  I think you will be very happy with both of these within your business.  Best of luck! 👍

I guess I'll pick up both, I know a lot of customers like that super wet look so Tire Shine would be a good choice there. I really want to try the new VRT. I recently got a maybe last generation bottle and the stuff's great the few times I've used it. And the new one's better so I definitely want to get a gallon of it.  How would you rate the gloss of Tire Shine on a 1-10? And does laying it make it noticeably more glossy?

6E129F2F-A681-4C0F-A2A1-D8900B271F95.thumb.jpeg.f6358e54fe4b91fa0961230cad59cc61.jpegDF2FBDE6-A285-4A86-886F-0B45529E6E78.thumb.jpeg.c835d6aa0c8d1c667307c108179c67ba.jpeg7BE8E5B6-1E2C-4DE4-81A3-29EB83A3B2BA.thumb.jpeg.887143be9fc5df44edadfe9b21ddf024.jpegThe tire shine is about an 8 on a gloss scale,  it gives my  Bridgestones a nice very even glow.  Here is a picture of a tire that had tire shine on it, and what it looks like after i cleaned it.  The bottom 2 are VRT on my 2001 Silverado.  Sorry I dont have a pic on hand of fresh tire shine

Edited by Nickfire20

• 3 weeks later...

Hey,

I wanted to throw a couple more pics up for those thinking about the new tire shine.  I had the chance to clean the tahoe up the other day, and it got the new version on Tire Shine...

(Edit- also used CS3 as a drying aid, over top of the coating)

647B2B9C-5121-4F46-B7E3-3E0EA2486BC5.jpeg

72083122-DAE0-43BA-B8EA-CCA4EA3DCCC8.jpeg

E41FA2D7-3507-4B2C-9D6D-F4704DADE1F5.jpeg

Edited by Nickfire20

On 2/22/2020 at 8:24 PM, Nickfire20 said:

Hey,

I wanted to throw a couple more pics up for those thinking about the new tire shine.  I had the chance to clean the tahoe up the other day, and it got the new version on Tire Shine...

(Edit- also used CS3 as a drying aid, over top of the coating)

647B2B9C-5121-4F46-B7E3-3E0EA2486BC5.jpeg

72083122-DAE0-43BA-B8EA-CCA4EA3DCCC8.jpeg

E41FA2D7-3507-4B2C-9D6D-F4704DADE1F5.jpeg

Nicely done. Tires look great and you even brought a lustre to your dog's coat!