Customer Service 866.965.0400

Cordless Adams Polisher Speed Select ?

Gottarun

Question

I have 2 of the Adams cordless polishers and love them except for one issue, the speed control. The speed control is in an awkward position and speed at start up is on high. Every cordless tool I have starts on slow speed and progress to high speed the more I pull the trigger. The Adams cordless polisher starts on high, then you can select a lower speed from the awkward position speed selection control button. Starting on high obviously slings product not where I apply it, wasting product because of the sling. Once I select the slower speed the Adams polisher works great. I can lock the on/off switch and it holds the selected speed fine. I can switch it off but only for 10 seconds to apply more polish and it will restart on slow but any longer than 10 seconds and the polisher reverts back to high speed and I have to re select the low speed again which is a pain. Does anyone else using this cordless polisher have the same issue? Is there a solution other than the obvious to keep re-selecting the lower speed or not turning it off. 

Edited by Gottarun
spelling errors

1 answer to this question

seems like a pretty big thing to let pass into production, and the placement of the button only makes it worse IMHO. When this came out I wanted one of these, but the lack of a trigger and you mentioning the speed always on max when you start thing. I'll wait for a possible version 2 which will hopefully address your point, and maybe add a trigger. Never used a polisher without a trigger, I just don't think it would ever feel right to me.