Customer Service 866.965.0400

Ceramic Spray Application

TR6speed

Question

Well we did my son's new Chevy Z71 Silverado today with my Ceramics Spray Kit.  While it came out great I may have missed a step.  After the wash, clay and Polish ( not really needed), I used the prep and wiped the complete truck down.  After a few minutes to make sure the prep was completely dry, I applied the Spray coating to one panel at a time and after a minute or two my son cam behind me and buffered it off.  We could see it rainbow.  Once that was complete, we were talking and I show him the boost he needed to order to use after every 3rd or 4th wash.  I then realized we needed to apply it to the truck to finish the process.  While none of the instructions on the bottles state a waiting period between the spray coating and the boost.  It was probably around 15-30 minutes between the spray an boost.  Is this a major problem and second I realize that it says on the spray coating to allow 4 hours before  exposure to the elements.  Well after we completed everything and got everything picked up he backed it out of the garage and we sat around talking before he headed home.  It is 80 degrees and sunny here so I am thinking he should be fine.  Will this application be ok based on how we did it?

3 answers to this question

19 minutes ago, TR6speed said:

Well we did my son's new Chevy Z71 Silverado today with my Ceramics Spray Kit.  While it came out great I may have missed a step.  After the wash, clay and Polish ( not really needed), I used the prep and wiped the complete truck down.  After a few minutes to make sure the prep was completely dry, I applied the Spray coating to one panel at a time and after a minute or two my son cam behind me and buffered it off.  We could see it rainbow.  Once that was complete, we were talking and I show him the boost he needed to order to use after every 3rd or 4th wash.  I then realized we needed to apply it to the truck to finish the process.  While none of the instructions on the bottles state a waiting period between the spray coating and the boost.  It was probably around 15-30 minutes between the spray an boost.  Is this a major problem and second I realize that it says on the spray coating to allow 4 hours before  exposure to the elements.  Well after we completed everything and got everything picked up he backed it out of the garage and we sat around talking before he headed home.  It is 80 degrees and sunny here so I am thinking he should be fine.  Will this application be ok based on how we did it?

I do not apply CB immediately after coating my vehicles.  I let them cure in the garage for about 6 hours, longer if possible and then they go into the elements, except the wife's - but that is an exception.   The next day, I check the vehicle for any places that I might have missed or that look thin, so far I've only had one, and I did that correction and then after a week they get a wash, followed by another inspection and then if everything looks good, I mist the vehicle and use CB with the wet method.   

I try to wash my vehicles every other week and I use Wash + Coat and the Ceramic Waterless Wash as a drying aid one time and the next Ultra Shampoo followed by CB as a drying aid.   I did my Spray Coating in September and three months later it is still looking good.  The picture was taken a few minutes ago and as you can tell it has been raining a bit and this weekend makes two weeks since it has been washed.  The truck was coated on September 28th.    For the wife's garage queen, it gets a full wash less often, but I try to go over it every week or so with Ceramic Waterless Wash, if nothing else just to keep the chrome looking good, the Denali's have a bunch of it.

I hope you grabbed a picture of the Silverado to share.

IMG_0599.JPG

Required to spray the Boost after your  spray coating??  News to me.   You use the boost after you use the regular Ceramic Coating after 24 hours.  Unless it's changed and I missed the memo.  

Jack you should be fine with the time wait between the Ceramic Spray Coating and the application of the Ceramic Boost. I tend to wait until the product has cured before the Boost is applied; 24-48 hours after Ceramic Coating, or 4-6 hours after Ceramic Spray Coating. You want the solvent in the product to completely dissipate.

Spring of 2019 I Ceramic Spray Coated my Dodge Magnum on a day with a very low percent chance of any rain, and within an hour of completing it's application a light shower passed by. It had no affect on the Ceramic Spray Coating. The car beaded like a boss all summer. The solvent dissipates pretty quickly in the spray product, and with your temp at 80, you're fine.