Customer Service 866.965.0400

Ceramic Spray and Micro Fiber Towels

TR6speed

Question

Ok, I just used the Ceramic Spray Coating kit for the first time yesterday and then thought about the towels, so I looked for some post on the care and future use of these towels.  It seems everyone recommends that after the application to soak the towels and never use them again on any painted surface, but only for interior, engine, wheels and exhaust tips.  I did soak mine in hot water with a mild detergent when I was done, except I am not sure if this only applies to the towel used to apply and the one for removing the spray coating, or also for the one used for the boost and the prep.   Because I was not sure which was wich I soaked them all, but if that is what is needed sounds like I will be place an order for a few more towels.

2 answers to this question

It would've been only for the one used for CSC. Prep, polish/Compound that was removed, and Boost will come out fine in the wash with the MRB. If it was me, I would chalk it up to a semi-loss and just replace the few you soaked together for future use on paint. Mark the others with a Sharpie in the corner to designate them for dirty jobs.

I did something similar but was caused by using the same color towel for different jobs.   Now, I make sure that I only use color X for specific tasks and that has made things much easier to keep track of and care for.    As for the ceramic application itself, I have enough vehicles lined up that I purchased multiple packs of the suede applicators and suede towels for removal during holiday sale and that will ensure that I don’t degrade multiple towels per vehicle.