Customer Service 866.965.0400
Fernando89

Safe to paint correct outdoors?

What’s the best way to do about rock chips on the paint? Needin’ to paint correct vehicle and ceramic coat, but the concern are the rock chips on the paint. Is there a successful strategy to eliminate the chips? 

1 hour ago, Fernando89 said:

What’s the best way to do about rock chips on the paint? Needin’ to paint correct vehicle and ceramic coat, but the concern are the rock chips on the paint. Is there a successful strategy to eliminate the chips? 

While nothing will replace a good body shop and, I've had good luck with the Dupli-Color paint pens for vehicles that are few years old.  I've used them on minor areas and once you've done a few you can get them to blend rather well.  After they set up for a day, you can go over them just as you would the rest of the body.

For new vehicles that are within 1 or 2 years old, I go to the dealer and pick up the touch up paint.  

On 12/31/2019 at 3:07 PM, Fernando89 said:

On 12/31/2019 at 5:20 PM, RayS said:

While nothing will replace a good body shop and, I've had good luck with the Dupli-Color paint pens for vehicles that are few years old.  I've used them on minor areas and once you've done a few you can get them to blend rather well.  After they set up for a day, you can go over them just as you would the rest of the body.

For new vehicles that are within 1 or 2 years old, I go to the dealer and pick up the touch up paint.  

You could also look at the Dr. Colorchip and the Lanka systems.  They provide a paint sample based on  your color code.