Customer Service 866.965.0400

Which Pad should I Order

TR6speed

Question

I am getting ready to place an order and I was wondering which pad I should be looking at.  I have been a strong user of the Correction and Finishing Polish, but I did get the One Step Polish recently but have not used it yet.  I have an old Porta Cable, but I most likely will be getting a ne 15 inch Swirl killer with this order.  Should I order the One Step or the Blue Micro Fiber pad?  I am thinking the one step pad is what I need.  I am planning to clay and polish the wife's 2018 Equinox and then used the Ceramic Spray.  There are some minor swirls, plus I will be using it on my Corvette that get the standard detail of polish and was  a few times  a year.

11 answers to this question

Hi Jack, If you're gonna get a Swirl Killer I would recommend going for a mystery box seeing as it would be the same price, and usually they will pack it with some pads/polishes, although that is not guaranteed. Here's the link, it's kinda hidden on the site: https://adamspolishes.com/collections/adams-polishes-limited-edition-products/products/adam-s-199-99-random-mystery-box-limited

or if you want the swirl killer pro mystery box:

https://adamspolishes.com/collections/adams-polishes-limited-edition-products/products/adams-299-99-sk-pro-15mm-polisher-mystery-box

They do make a One Step pad, which is meant to be used with the One step polish, but really the pad that you will need will be dependent on your paint. If your paint is softer, maybe try pairing the One step polish with a white pad. It will take some playing around with to get the right combination. Adam's recommends the One Step Pad with the One Step Polish though.. Heres a link to that:

https://adamspolishes.com/products/adams-one-step-pad

Excited for you!!

Edited by Yo-Yo Ma's Cousin

1 hour ago, TR6speed said:

I am getting ready to place an order and I was wondering which pad I should be looking at.  I have been a strong user of the Correction and Finishing Polish, but I did get the One Step Polish recently but have not used it yet.  I have an old Porta Cable, but I most likely will be getting a ne 15 inch Swirl killer with this order.  Should I order the One Step or the Blue Micro Fiber pad?  I am thinking the one step pad is what I need.  I am planning to clay and polish the wife's 2018 Equinox and then used the Ceramic Spray.  There are some minor swirls, plus I will be using it on my Corvette that get the standard detail of polish and was  a few times  a year.

I have used One Step with various pads and like the outcome come the One Step Pad followed by Revive Hand Polish.   I have also gone with an Orange pad and a White pad in the past according to what the paint needed.  When I used an Orange pad, I followed with Finishing Polish and a White Pad and the only reason I used One Step at the time, was the vehicle need a bit more work than just finishing polish would do, but not enough to need Correcting polish.   I'll be honest in the point that the first time was an experiment at the time, but the results convinced me that One Step could be used as a lighter weight correcting polish.

As for the Swirl Killer, WOW is all I can say, I went from an old piece of equipment to the SK-15 and couldn't believe how nice it was and wish I had gotten one much earlier.

3 hours ago, RayS said:

As for the Swirl Killer, WOW is all I can say, I went from an old piece of equipment to the SK-15 and couldn't believe how nice it was and wish I had gotten one much earlier.

Here's where I step in and recommend the Pro SK... 💯😃 (P.S. Hi, Mary! 😂)

Have to agree with Ray.  I was a "by hand" guy for years, then Adam got me into using the PC, and then the SK.  I'm a SK user for life now.  Shouldn't be too long................:oldman:

19 hours ago, Yo-Yo Ma's Cousin said:

Hi Jack, If you're gonna get a Swirl Killer I would recommend going for a mystery box seeing as it would be the same price, and usually they will pack it with some pads/polishes, although that is not guaranteed. Here's the link, it's kinda hidden on the site: https://adamspolishes.com/collections/adams-polishes-limited-edition-products/products/adam-s-199-99-random-mystery-box-limited

or if you want the swirl killer pro mystery box:

https://adamspolishes.com/collections/adams-polishes-limited-edition-products/products/adams-299-99-sk-pro-15mm-polisher-mystery-box

They do make a One Step pad, which is meant to be used with the One step polish, but really the pad that you will need will be dependent on your paint. If your paint is softer, maybe try pairing the One step polish with a white pad. It will take some playing around with to get the right combination. Adam's recommends the One Step Pad with the One Step Polish though.. Heres a link to that:

https://adamspolishes.com/products/adams-one-step-pad

Excited for you!!

Thanks for this info.  My son and I sat down and place an order for the products we each needed and then I took your advice and order the $199.99 mystery box.  I figured if I was going to buy the 15mm Swirl Killer I might as well get the other goodies.  Again thanks and I am sure I will find a big difference in this over my 14 year old Porta Cable.  Only question I hav e is I also in my first order I ordered the One Step Pad.  I just assumed the buffer will come with the backing plate for the pad.  If not I will need to order one so I can use the buffer when it arrives.

15 hours ago, falcaineer said:

Here's where I step in and recommend the Pro SK... 💯😃 (P.S. Hi, Mary! 😂)

Thanks for the input.  I took Jaun's advice and order the $199.99 mystery box with the 15mm SK, not the pro version.  I an sure after 14 years with a Porta Cable I will be very happy.  I decided on this one based on the limited use I will need this for.  I plan to clay and polish the wife's 2018 Equinox and then apply the ceramic spray coating.  It is garage kept and we are both retired so it is not a daily driver, but is used more then my Corvette which is also garaged kept and covered most of the time.  That one as of now will stay with the old fashion detail, polish, glaze and Patriot. 

10 hours ago, Rich said:

Have to agree with Ray.  I was a "by hand" guy for years, then Adam got me into using the PC, and then the SK.  I'm a SK user for life now.  Shouldn't be too long................:oldman:

Thanks for the reply Rich.  Looking forward to getting all the stuff and getting the wife's car all shined up and ceramic coated.  Look for before and after in the next few weeks.

2 hours ago, TR6speed said:

Thanks for this info.  My son and I sat down and place an order for the products we each needed and then I took your advice and order the $199.99 mystery box.  I figured if I was going to buy the 15mm Swirl Killer I might as well get the other goodies.  Again thanks and I am sure I will find a big difference in this over my 14 year old Porta Cable.  Only question I hav e is I also in my first order I ordered the One Step Pad.  I just assumed the buffer will come with the backing plate for the pad.  If not I will need to order one so I can use the buffer when it arrives.

Yessir, the backing plate comes installed on the machine. Adam's sells extras just incase something goes wrong with the one on the machine. 

Yes, the machine is great, it's comfortable and has some power to it. If I may say so, I would recommend keeping your old Port Cable and put a smaller backing plate on it to use it with smaller pads as a mini polisher. Just want to let you know that your old tool can still even though you upgraded.

8 minutes ago, Yo-Yo Ma's Cousin said:

Yessir, the backing plate comes installed on the machine. Adam's sells extras just incase something goes wrong with the one on the machine. 

Yes, the machine is great, it's comfortable and has some power to it. If I may say so, I would recommend keeping your old Port Cable and put a smaller backing plate on it to use it with smaller pads as a mini polisher. Just want to let you know that your old tool can still even though you upgraded.

Yes I did not plan to discard it.  I will use it to put on the Brilliant Glaze and remove it.  I may also use it to remove polish.  I never thought of the smaller backing plate, but that is a great idea

13 hours ago, TR6speed said:

Thanks for the input.  I took Jaun's advice and order the $199.99 mystery box with the 15mm SK, not the pro version.  I an sure after 14 years with a Porta Cable I will be very happy.  I decided on this one based on the limited use I will need this for.  I plan to clay and polish the wife's 2018 Equinox and then apply the ceramic spray coating.  It is garage kept and we are both retired so it is not a daily driver, but is used more then my Corvette which is also garaged kept and covered most of the time.  That one as of now will stay with the old fashion detail, polish, glaze and Patriot. 

10 hours ago, Yo-Yo Ma's Cousin said:

10 hours ago, TR6speed said:

Yes I did not plan to discard it.  I will use it to put on the Brilliant Glaze and remove it.  I may also use it to remove polish.  I never thought of the smaller backing plate, but that is a great idea

Actually, while I do love it, my Pro recommendation in this case was more of an inside joke with @RayS so it's all good (his wife tends to like my recommendations, for some reason 😁). You'll be extremely happy with the regular SK...I was in somewhat the same boat starting with the PC, but not for nearly as long.

@Yo-Yo Ma's Cousin brings up a great point and that's exactly what I did to convert the PC to a Mini-type polisher. Works well that way. And when it's time, move up to the SK Mini.