Customer Service 866.965.0400

Chrome

cortez

Question

5 answers to this question

Welcome cortez!  

Those wheels are probably not real chrome, but clearcoated.  Try rubbing them with some polish to see - if the applicator turns black they are 'real chrome'.  If they are not 'real chrome' you can treat them like paint - a sealant or coatings will last the longest on the wheels.

Edited by mc2hill

On 1/6/2020 at 10:10 AM, mc2hill said:

Welcome cortez!  

Those wheels are probably not real chrome, but clearcoated.  Try rubbing them with some polish to see - if the applicator turns black they are 'real chrome'.  If they are not 'real chrome' you can treat them like paint - a sealant or coatings will last the longest on the wheels.

Thank you ! Yes they are clear coated going to try the sealant when it's not raining 

8 hours ago, cortez said:

Thank you ! Yes they are clear coated going to try the sealant when it's not raining 

While they don't look to be the same as my son-in-laws, this is how his turned out after I coated them.  I have now done four different sets of wheels with a coating and am impressed on how the wheels turn out and how easy they clean up from the little brake dust that sticks to them.

F150 Wheels.jpg

Edited by RayS