Customer Service 866.965.0400

Ceramic Spray Coation Applied

TR6speed

Question

As some of you know, I replaced my old trusty Porta Cable with the Adams Swirl Killer 15 mm/  I arrived the other day along with some needed supplies, so today I decided to do a detail on the wife's 2018 Equinox.  Now it was in good shape seeing it is kept in the garage and we are both retired so it does not see a lot of driving, but the bulk of it seeing the other car is a Corvette so it see more time in the garage then her car.

So I started with a Strip Wash, then clay with the new Adams clay mitt.  Next I broke out the new SW and started with the white pad but after working a small area to test I decided to go with my orange pad.  So I use it along with the one step polish.  Next I went with the Ceramic Prep and finished with the Ceramic Spray Coating  I am going to let it sit over night and apply the Boost tomorrow.

Here are a few shots of the finished product.  Like I said the car was not in bad shape so any before pictures would just not have as shiny.

20200113_133646_resized.jpg

20200113_133651_resized.jpg

20200113_133724_resized.jpg

6 answers to this question

45 minutes ago, Chris@Adams said:

Nice, don't you just love our CS?

Yes and now that I have done the paint correction the next application should be a lot faster.  Still not sold on doing the Corvette, as it is in the garage covered most of the time and doing the normal cleaning and the complete detailing I enjoy.  Also to be honest, A polished and wax finish looks more deep and wet compared to the ceramic.  I have actually had people ask who did the ceramic on the Corvette and when I tell them it is not coated, but polished and wax they don't believe me.

Hi Jack, it looks good and isn't the Swirl Killer amazing?  I just couldn't believe how much it upped my game when I got it.  

As for the Vette, that is a tough choice.  As much as I love the Ceramic Spray, there is still something about grabbing a can of Paste Wax and putting it on the vehicle.  I have done multiple vehicles with the classic Ceramic Paste Wax and I've also used Patriots and Americana.   The Mustang started with CPW and then when it was time to redo the wax, I had the same decision and did go with the Ceramic Spray and it is the only vehicle that I've applied Ceramic Spray to that I'm still not sure I made the right decision, even though it looks fantastic.

After 40 years of using paste wax, anything else is an adjustment.